Tips for RPing Necromancy

You have questions? We may have answers.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs

Wytchee
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Tips for RPing Necromancy

Post by Wytchee » Fri Aug 18, 2017 4:29 am

I have no idea what I'm doing with this school. My character most recently came across a body and, seizing it for her dark studies, dragged it back to her den. However, once she got it there, I realized I had no idea what to do with it, how to roleplay having a body to work with. So after a while, I just kind of got discouraged and logged.

What do the "fundamentals" of necromancy, particularly animation look like? Is there source material I can find online? Hints to rituals and spells that require a body, for instance? Right now I'm not using my undead much because I have a hard time justifying where they come from (they also suck). Are there experienced players of animators/necromancers who could PM me with dark secrets? :twisted: Any tips and references would be appreciated. ^^
Current character: Abigail Duskwood

Dreams

Re: Tips for RPing Necromancy

Post by Dreams » Fri Aug 18, 2017 4:56 am

Best thing you can read is 'Libris Mortis', the 3.5 sourcebook would be best for this setting I think.

Nitro

Post by Nitro » Fri Aug 18, 2017 9:54 am

Extract the knuckles and carve little runes on them, that way, next time you cast "summon undead" you can RP throwing some carved knuckles onto the ground to recall your precious undead to you.

Aero Silver

Post by Aero Silver » Fri Aug 18, 2017 5:00 pm

Depending in your intelligence level, you could RP being Victor Frankenstein or Igor, who raids graveyards and steals fresh corpses, then uses them to create undead (just switch construct with undead).
All articles that coruscate with resplendence are not truly auriferous. Meaning: all that glitters ain't gold.

Wytchee
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Post by Wytchee » Sat Aug 19, 2017 1:50 am

Aero Silver wrote:Depending in your intelligence level, you could RP being Victor Frankenstein or Igor, who raids graveyards and steals fresh corpses, then uses them to create undead (just switch construct with undead).
Haha! I've been doing this with goblin corpses, dragging them back to my stinky lair!
Current character: Abigail Duskwood