PDK Paths Explanations

You have questions? We may have answers.

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators

Hin_Priestess

PDK Paths Explanations

Post by Hin_Priestess » Thu Aug 17, 2017 10:36 pm

So I got this from the wiki:
Knight Vanguard - The Knight Vanguard is the scourge of his enemies, scattering all before her.
Knight Protector - The Knight Protector is the defender of the weak, and stalwart comrade-at-arms.
Knight Valiant - The Knight Valiant inspires all around her to feats of heroism.
There are only a few places in the level layout that shows the difference for one path of another. It doesn't really tell me in full detail, which path of PDK is for what build.

I assume Knight Protector is more for tank builds. Vanguard is more for damage builds? What is Valiant for, build wise? Are my assumptions wrong?

I ask because I want to try this out, but I want to pick the right path if I do.
Airean:
I've 99 problems in The Grove to solve, and you Arrinock, aren't one of them.

Cortex

Re: PDK Paths Explanations

Post by Cortex » Thu Aug 17, 2017 11:00 pm

You build them any way you want, if Vanguard would work on a tank build, by all means, by design they have certain powers that might push them to certain directions but nothing tells you how to build it. But I wouldn't tinker too much with them, they're going to be changed soon (though their roles will mostly remain the same).
:)

Nitro

Post by Nitro » Thu Aug 17, 2017 11:37 pm

Vanguard gets better at making his friends outshine him.
Protector gets better at keeping his friends happy at full HP while they outshine him.
Valiant tries his hardest to outshine his friends.

Astral

Post by Astral » Fri Aug 18, 2017 4:06 am

Nitro wrote:Vanguard gets better at making his friends outshine him.
Protector gets better at keeping his friends happy at full HP while they outshine him.
Valiant tries his hardest to outshine his friends.

Really? I feel like it's exactly in the opposite order. vanguard is a scary beast who tries to outshine everyone and be scary. and Valiant is the one who tries her best to be the side-kick.
Currently playing: Seth Xylo

Nitro

Post by Nitro » Fri Aug 18, 2017 9:55 am

Ahem, yes. I got my vanguard and Valiant mixed up, just switch those around.

Prestige

Post by Prestige » Fri Aug 18, 2017 10:04 am

Valiant has exactly one build that's worth making (two, technically, if you want to split hairs) and it's the second strongest PDK build on the server: Bard/PDK/Paladin (or blackguard, if you're evil). It's probably the strongest build that nobody plays.