Genasi Mechanics

You have questions? We may have answers.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs

Beernerd81

Genasi Mechanics

Post by Beernerd81 » Mon Jul 24, 2017 11:05 pm

Greetings! I recently blew the dust off an old Water Genasi I had on the shelf and I noticed a few things. Please let me know if this is correct or if I am bugged.

My subrace token shows no adjustments to ECL or special abilities.

Book of Water no longer guarantees a water type elemental summon

Thanks in advance.
Hunter548 wrote:Variety is often overrated. Sucking at 15 things is not better than being good at 3.
Wytchee wrote:Please roleplay all classes listed on your character sheet.

WanderingPoet

Re: Genasi Mechanics

Post by WanderingPoet » Mon Jul 24, 2017 11:09 pm

For the book of water, read up on the stream changes http://wiki.arelith.com/Summoning_Changes

In gist, you use a book of water to learn the stream and then choose the stream you want to use, if you choose water then your high level conjuration spells will summon water elementals, which are much more powerful since before these changes!
Path_of_Play wrote:Fear, intimidation, anger - All these, the tyrant's tools.
Laughter, encouragement, play - not simply just for fools.
These tools reveal,
More is learned,
From another in an hour of play,
Than in a year of contention.

Beernerd81

Post by Beernerd81 » Tue Jul 25, 2017 9:05 pm

[quote="WanderingPoet"]For the book of water, read up on the stream changes http://wiki.arelith.com/Summoning_Changes

This is very cool! Thank you! Now does anyone know anything about the subrace properties?
Hunter548 wrote:Variety is often overrated. Sucking at 15 things is not better than being good at 3.

Mithreas
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Mithreas » Wed Jul 26, 2017 10:40 am

What are you expecting to have happened?

You should still have the stat adjustments you had from before, and an ECL of +1. It won't necessarily be listed on your subrace token if it's an older character. Checking the code, genasi don't currently get any special abilities, so I wouldn't expect you to have any.
xkcd.com is best viewed with Netscape Navigator 4.0 or below on a Pentium 3±1 emulated in Javascript on an Apple IIGS at a screen resolution of 1024x1.For security reasons, please leave caps lock on while browsing.

Peppermint

Post by Peppermint » Wed Jul 26, 2017 11:46 am

As an aside, I believe I gave water genasi the water stream automatically.

Beernerd81

Post by Beernerd81 » Wed Jul 26, 2017 9:28 pm

Mithreas wrote:What are you expecting to have happened?

You should still have the stat adjustments you had from before, and an ECL of +1. It won't necessarily be listed on your subrace token if it's an older character. Checking the code, genasi don't currently get any special abilities, so I wouldn't expect you to have any.
OK cool. I just saw that the description of the token was blank and did not reflect any ECL or any special abilities. It's not so much an expectation as a curiosity. The description of the item was blank so I was asking if that was normal as I've been away for a long long time.