Dm help. Quarter issues

You have questions? We may have answers.

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators

Oshido

Dm help. Quarter issues

Post by Oshido » Fri Jul 21, 2017 5:15 pm

My apologies. Seems I do not know how to ping the dm channel so I leave this here.
Last night my quarter in sibayad went up for sale despite having refreshed it that day. There was maybe a ten minute window where I took the funds from my account so I thought perhaps the taxes came due during that time and I lost it. A guild member bought it back but the funds were not deposited in my account. This all seems to happen within an hours time last night. Any help or info?
:evil:

Dr_Hazard89

Re: Dm help. Quarter issues

Post by Dr_Hazard89 » Fri Jul 21, 2017 5:40 pm

I hope someone else can confirm this, but I think that if your quarter is released due to unpaid rent/inactivity then it is actually considered abandoned and not for sale, so the funds do not go to you.
Characters: Xun'sali (ACTIVE), Tianae Tymeaneldth (Rolled), Sylali (Rolled), Magpie (Rolled), Ker'uanna Tymeaneldth (Rolled), Lepota Poklona (Rolled), Andariel Bloodletter (Shelved), Tahl'tril Cyredrretyn (Rolled), L'omithiel (Shelved).

Rwby

Post by Rwby » Fri Jul 21, 2017 5:41 pm

Correct!

Shadowy Reality
Arelith Gold Supporter
Arelith Gold Supporter

Post by Shadowy Reality » Fri Jul 21, 2017 5:55 pm

Do you instantly lose your quarter if your funds drop below 0?

Lorkas

Post by Lorkas » Fri Jul 21, 2017 5:58 pm

As far as I know, it isn't instant, but rather if you can't pay when the rent happens to come due, you lose the quarter.

Oshido

Post by Oshido » Fri Jul 21, 2017 6:40 pm

The locks got changed as well. Though no-one changed them
:evil:

DarkDreamer
Arelith Gold Supporter
Arelith Gold Supporter

Post by DarkDreamer » Fri Jul 21, 2017 7:32 pm

When the house is newly bought by your guild member, the locks are instantly changed to prevent people from entering the house with a new owner, so you will have to redistribute keys every time you change owners.

Rwby

Post by Rwby » Fri Jul 21, 2017 8:25 pm

Lorkas wrote:As far as I know, it isn't instant, but rather if you can't pay when the rent happens to come due, you lose the quarter.

This is also correct. The funds in your account are irrelevent up until the instant rent is due, then your funds are checked. If you can pay the full rent, the full rent is deducted. If you can not pay the full rent, no funds are deducted, and the quarter reverts to NPC Control, [IE, it's owned by the 'Settlement' if affilated, or no-one, if otherwise.]

Thus when it's rebrought from this neutral state, the funds from the sale will go to the settlement, [If any] it's associated with, and a new set of locks or keys will be generated. [While it's unowned, all doors will open to anyone, and no keys will be valid or needed.]