Tiefling Questions

You have questions? We may have answers.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs

gilescorey

Re: Tiefling Questions

Post by gilescorey » Wed Jul 12, 2017 11:40 pm

Cortex wrote:my ancestor was a glass of chocolate milk
Chocolate Milk genasi gets +1 to flavour rolls.

SwampFoot

Post by SwampFoot » Thu Jul 13, 2017 5:58 am

As an aside, since the title is "Tiefling Questions"...

I currently play a Tiefling. I don't do back-stories as a general rule as coming up with a back-story on the fly can be fun when questions are asked. Fortunately no one's asked yet. What's the most likely place a Tiefling would come from without being killed as a child for having a tail? I'm not a lore geek, sorry.

Also: How much would a tiefling be effected by the whole Blood War thing? Would an infernal-blooded tiefling lose his mind and outright kill a summoned abyssal?

DarkDreamer
Arelith Gold Supporter
Arelith Gold Supporter

Post by DarkDreamer » Thu Jul 13, 2017 6:03 am

Calimport takes anyone....just sayin...and the second part depends on your own ideals entirely.

Cortex

Post by Cortex » Thu Jul 13, 2017 6:11 am

What's the most likely place a Tiefling would come from without being killed as a child for having a tail?
While I can't answer which place is more "accepting" of tieflings, and that a lot of parents would be horrified, you can't deny there's at least a small group of parents that would keep the child no matter what, the upbringing could be abusive for their nature, or they could be protected from the outside world. A mother's love can be pretty powerful when active.
:)

Dr_Hazard89

Post by Dr_Hazard89 » Thu Jul 13, 2017 7:38 am

I think a lot of them are kept as slaves in Thay.
Characters: Xun'sali (ACTIVE), Tianae Tymeaneldth (Rolled), Sylali (Rolled), Magpie (Rolled), Ker'uanna Tymeaneldth (Rolled), Lepota Poklona (Rolled), Andariel Bloodletter (Shelved), Tahl'tril Cyredrretyn (Rolled), L'omithiel (Shelved).

Kuma
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Post by Kuma » Thu Jul 13, 2017 10:06 am

SwampFoot wrote:Also: How much would a tiefling be effected by the whole Blood War thing? Would an infernal-blooded tiefling lose his mind and outright kill a summoned abyssal?
Lore does not mandate any particular preference either way, and there is no compunction made upon them for service in the Blood War. The same goes for Warlocks, unless, naturally as part of their bargain.

That's not to say that a tiefling couldn't have that as a trait, it's simply not mandated as automatically their "thing" as a result of being a tiefling.

House Freth: Reference Information
House Claddath: Reference Information
"What's a heretic?": a guide to religious schism terminology

Irongron wrote:

4. No full screen images of the NWN gnome model (might frighten the children)

One Two Three Five

Post by One Two Three Five » Thu Jul 13, 2017 11:06 am

Blood War's basically for actual denizens of hell/the abyss, generally. Heck, even in 4th/5th when tieflings as a whole are turned into a Real Race, completely under Asmodeus' influence and power, they're still kind of just dudes. No blood war affiliations at all.
The devil does not need any more advocates
Clerics are just socially acceptable warlocks.

susitsu

Post by susitsu » Thu Jul 13, 2017 3:13 pm

Dr_Hazard89 wrote:I think a lot of them are kept as slaves in Thay.
I think they're bred as a prestige thing, actually.