How do you pronounce Myon? (Noob Questions)

You have questions? We may have answers.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs

Kirito

Re: How do you pronounce Myon? (Noob Questions)

Post by Kirito » Tue Jul 11, 2017 3:43 pm

"innate ability" crops up when using things like food... water.. beer etc.

Dr_Hazard89

Post by Dr_Hazard89 » Tue Jul 11, 2017 3:43 pm

That's just a little widget that stores your gifts on it. If you have innate abilities I think you can use it to activate them (like casting darkness once per day), but if not, it just reminds you what gifts you have and does nothing.

edit: If you're talking about that funny looking cookie you got after character creation.
Characters: Xun'sali (ACTIVE), Tianae Tymeaneldth (Rolled), Sylali (Rolled), Magpie (Rolled), Ker'uanna Tymeaneldth (Rolled), Lepota Poklona (Rolled), Andariel Bloodletter (Shelved), Tahl'tril Cyredrretyn (Rolled), L'omithiel (Shelved).

Teshil

Post by Teshil » Tue Jul 11, 2017 3:46 pm

Yes indeed, that's it. Thanks!

Lorkas

Post by Lorkas » Tue Jul 11, 2017 6:34 pm

Yea, the +4 skill point gifts are active all the time. You might see some characters using active innate abilities due to their race or gift selections.

Kuma
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Post by Kuma » Wed Jul 12, 2017 8:42 am

Teshil wrote:Thanks very much. I believe the innate ability item I have represents a minor gift which gives a skill bonus. I assumed it was being applied at all times, but then I saw a character using an item called "innate ability" and wondered if I neded to be activating mine somehow.
Some abilities are things like spells (like drow/tiefling Darkness 1/day), or Archer path Rangers being able to make bundles of arrows (which will be a use item special power 1/day on the item itself, but all you'll see is "x uses Innate Ability"). For gifts like skills and ability score bonuses, you don't need to use them, they are automatic.

House Freth: Reference Information
House Claddath: Reference Information
"What's a heretic?": a guide to religious schism terminology

Irongron wrote:

4. No full screen images of the NWN gnome model (might frighten the children)

Teshil

Post by Teshil » Wed Jul 12, 2017 6:28 pm

Thanks! A few more:

1. Are there crafting options to make a cloak invisible?
2. I've not found many "quarters" that are available. Is this normal? Are there sub-standard quarters available somewhere that most people don't buy?
3. For the life of me I cannot find where the many hoods I've seen are sold. I've made the rounds I think. Can I find out OOC where to buy them?

Rwby

Post by Rwby » Wed Jul 12, 2017 6:33 pm

There's not a 'Crafting option', it's an appearence option, available through the rest menu. Simply set cloak appearance to Zero, and ta-da! No more cloak.

Quarters are a hot commodity on Arelith. The ones in the tops of Taverns [Wharfowns' now defunct slanty shanty] The Nomad, the Inn in Guldorand, tend to come up for grabs fairly often. Major guild halls can take months or even years and millions of gold.
The Underdark has some nifty bank vaults that help with this issue.

Hoods are again, a appearence option. Simply Toddle Hood On, I believe there's also a -hood command to tweak these. Hoods for everyone!

Teshil

Post by Teshil » Wed Jul 12, 2017 6:40 pm

Thanks! I had the wrong idea entirely about most of that. Are there "low class" quarters somewhere at low rent? I really need to unload, as it were.

Rwby

Post by Rwby » Wed Jul 12, 2017 6:43 pm

Off the top of my head -

Nomad in Cordor, Inn in Guldorand, Mayfields by the Arcane Tower, the Inn in Bendir [If you're Earthkin] the Bank Vaults/slummy area's in the Undercity.

Anyone with any better ideas feel free to chip in.

Teshil

Post by Teshil » Wed Jul 12, 2017 6:45 pm

I'm probably going to get smacked for asking this, but what is it about quarters in these places that makes them undesireable? Help me understand.

Rwby

Post by Rwby » Wed Jul 12, 2017 6:47 pm

They're tiny on the Inside, and share the map with a lot of other quarters, reducing their fixture limits. And they're not very... Statusy. You can't really brag in character about owning a mould smelling room in Mayfields, the way you can about owning Cordor's largest mansion.

Also some of the larger quarters have NPCs inside that let you turn in heads, give you access to banking, some have magic mirrors, their own gardens, perhaps even a portal!

Xerah

Post by Xerah » Wed Jul 12, 2017 6:49 pm

They're just small, pretty much just space for a bed/table/bookshelf and a chest (which it the main thing).

I believe I've seen your character around Bendir. The Earthkin requirement for the Dale can be waived if you just speak to the mayor ahead of time.
Katernin Bersk, Chancellor of Divination; Kerri Amblecrown, Paladin of Milil; Xull'kacha Auvry'rae, Redcap Fey-pacted; Sadia yr Thuravya el Bhirax, Priestess of Umberlee; Lissa Whitehorn, Archmage of Artifice

Teshil

Post by Teshil » Wed Jul 12, 2017 6:53 pm

Nice. I'm beginning to understand, thank you! Inside the just-bought quarter are there containers, or do I need to craft them?

And thanks xerah! I'll ask around.

Xerah

Post by Xerah » Wed Jul 12, 2017 6:59 pm

There is potential that something will be inside (even in the chest) most likely if someone didn't log in and their quarter expired rather than they intently put it up for sale.

The chest is always there as a permanent fixture. It can hold 20 items (a stack is still 1 item).
Katernin Bersk, Chancellor of Divination; Kerri Amblecrown, Paladin of Milil; Xull'kacha Auvry'rae, Redcap Fey-pacted; Sadia yr Thuravya el Bhirax, Priestess of Umberlee; Lissa Whitehorn, Archmage of Artifice

Teshil

Post by Teshil » Wed Jul 12, 2017 7:04 pm

Thanks very much.

Teshil

Post by Teshil » Wed Jul 12, 2017 8:52 pm

Few more:

1. When I level up, does Arelith give me the max hp by default?
2. For those with the epic spell that summons the dragon, can it be made smaller? (Rage of the ages to get it through tight dungeons on that OTHER server.)
3. Also on Amia, there was a rich tradition of lots of characters writing an IC journal on the forum. Some of them were great! (I'm looking at you, Anatida!) That doesn't seem to happen here as much. Is that because it's discouraged?

Hunter548

Post by Hunter548 » Wed Jul 12, 2017 9:03 pm

Teshil wrote:Few more:

1. When I level up, does Arelith give me the max hp by default?
2. For those with the epic spell that summons the dragon, can it be made smaller? (Rage of the ages to get it through tight dungeons on that OTHER server.)
3. Also on Amia, there was a rich tradition of lots of characters writing an IC journal on the forum. Some of them were great! (I'm looking at you, Anatida!) That doesn't seem to happen here as much. Is that because it's discouraged?
1. Yes
2. No.
3. It's not discouraged, but it's not used by the DMs (As I believe it is on Amia?).
UilliamNebel wrote:
Wed Feb 12, 2020 10:24 pm
You're right. Participating in the forums was a mistake. Won't do this again.
Anime Sword Fighter wrote: I have seen far too many miniskirt anime slave girls.

Teshil

Post by Teshil » Wed Jul 12, 2017 9:05 pm

Thanks. Do so many adventurers summon the dragon that my character would hear a lot about it in tavern talk?

MissEvelyn
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Post by MissEvelyn » Wed Jul 12, 2017 9:16 pm

I think people get worried that their journals will be used by others for Metagaming. Frankly I've had that happen to me (not here though) and ever since that, I've kept journals an in-game thing. The notebooks are great for that.

Teshil

Post by Teshil » Thu Jul 13, 2017 1:44 am

That makes sense.

Are there hold-able instruments?

Xerah

Post by Xerah » Thu Jul 13, 2017 1:47 am

I've never had any issues writing journels in my NWN history. If someone metagames something that is a problem, I'll just avoid that person but it's never been an issue.

No holdable instruments until haks come.

Teshil

Post by Teshil » Thu Jul 13, 2017 2:03 am

Haks are coming? Are you all quite sure about that?

MissEvelyn
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Post by MissEvelyn » Thu Jul 13, 2017 2:59 am

Teshil wrote:Haks are coming? Are you all quite sure about that?
I honestly think it's not a matter of if, but when.

One Two Three Five

Post by One Two Three Five » Thu Jul 13, 2017 3:36 am

Yeah they've said as much. A bunch!
The devil does not need any more advocates
Clerics are just socially acceptable warlocks.

Teshil

Post by Teshil » Fri Jul 14, 2017 11:00 pm

1. If I buy a quarter and a thief picks the lock, does it stay open all reset?
2. Since Treu Seeing lasts a shorter time here, if I cast extended ultravision on my party, then true seeing, when the true seeing wears off , do they still have extended ultravision? I'm not high enough level to test it out. See invis too.
3. I gotta tell you friends, my character is DYING to hold a lute! Is there nothing available to hold as a performer? Y'all are stepping on the fab here! Come ON!