How do you pronounce Myon? (Noob Questions)

You have questions? We may have answers.

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators

Teshil

Re: How do you pronounce Myon? (Noob Questions)

Post by Teshil » Mon Jul 10, 2017 1:51 pm

Thanks all, it's most appreciated. Here's a few more:

1. Is there a way to remove your own wards/buffs/etc without resting?
2. Any items available that give bonus feat: weapon proficiency: exotic?
3. Why is it that sometimes I can't get items to stack? Noticed it with potions and crafting items sometimes.

Cybernet21

Post by Cybernet21 » Mon Jul 10, 2017 1:53 pm

Teshil wrote:Thanks all, it's most appreciated. Here's a few more:

1. Is there a way to remove your own wards/buffs/etc without resting?
-dispel command
My family were all knights,but none protected those who cannot fight for themselves.They all cared about their noble status more than anything else.I would be a true knight,i would train on the ways of the paladin -Arcavius Ryde

Teshil

Post by Teshil » Mon Jul 10, 2017 1:54 pm

Thank the gods. Thanks!

MissEvelyn
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Post by MissEvelyn » Mon Jul 10, 2017 1:54 pm

1. -dispel *should* do it.
Useful for getting rid of unwanted buffs.
Dispels any spell effects that players character have cast on themselves, including potion effects and summons. To dispel spells that you cast on another PC, send them -dispel as a tell. There is currently no way to automatically dispel wards that another PC has cast on you.
You can also dispel specific spells by determining the variable. For example, you can remove barskin with -dispel bar. For specifics, type -dispel ?.
2. No idea, sorry.

3. That's a mystery. Someone once told me that the 'blueprints' might be different on said items.

Mr_Rieper

Post by Mr_Rieper » Mon Jul 10, 2017 1:56 pm

1. Yep. Type -dispel, it should remove most of them. Typing -dispel in a tell to another player will remove the buffs you cast on them.
2. Not exactly sure about this one. I think one of the drow whips gave the proficiency, or that was possibly a request in the suggestion box. As far as I know, 99% of weapons on the Arelith module do not grant feats.
3. It's a strange little error that happens sometimes. You can "force" an item to stack by dropping it onto a player-owned shop that does not belong to you. It'll be put back into your inventory with the message that the shop doesn't buy goods, and you can get items to stack this way. Even ones that adamantly refuse to be stacked.

Sometimes they are different item ids, however. Can't stack those, nor should you want to. It could potentially make them useless for crafting.
CosmicOrderV wrote:
Sat May 11, 2019 4:55 pm
Be the change you want to see, and shape the server because of it. Players can absolutely help keep their fellow players accountable.

Teshil

Post by Teshil » Mon Jul 10, 2017 1:57 pm

Thanks all. Amia had an item called Whipmistress Bracelets or like that, which just screams "Made in Arelith" to me. Figured it was here somewhere.
Mr_Rieper wrote: 3. It's a strange little error that happens sometimes. You can "force" an item to stack by dropping it onto a player-owned shop that does not belong to you. It'll be put back into your inventory with the message that the shop doesn't buy goods, and you can get items to stack this way. Even ones that adamantly refuse to be stacked.
Thank you!

Rwby

Post by Rwby » Mon Jul 10, 2017 2:07 pm

Re 3 - It obviously won't reveal their character name however, just their login ID. But yes, that's a no to the metagaming. Better for you not to click on it to no ruin the suprise for yourself!

Teshil

Post by Teshil » Mon Jul 10, 2017 2:10 pm

Indeed, I had hoped it was somehow a spoofed name too. Is that possible?

MalKalz
General Admin
General Admin

Post by MalKalz » Mon Jul 10, 2017 2:27 pm

There are no spoofed names. You can theoretictally disguise yourself to have any name - just do not use: dirty beggar or the like. Those can easily be added to your description using -description.

We mechanically change the portrait to an ambiguous one. But it comes down to honesty and fairness. If it seems cheap, or an abuse of mechanics, or unfair then it should not be considered.

Discord: @malkalz
Determine your Public CD Key here
Can't see your vault? Have you migrated your accounts? If you have tried, and still can't see them, message me.

Septire

Post by Septire » Mon Jul 10, 2017 3:13 pm

As for 2. Maybe, but you'd still need to take weapon proficiency exotic in order to take weapon focus and specialization feats, so it would be more of an accessibility thing. We'll see.

Teshil

Post by Teshil » Mon Jul 10, 2017 6:18 pm

Sometimes a character just wants to hold a whip, you know? Thanks all, it's most appreciated. I especially like how developed the disguise system is. I thought maybe it went all the way to hide username too.

Let me push my luck with some more questions:

1. Is there any way to reduce "rest" besides getting drunk? The docs suggest running does it, but I can't seem to see that happening in game.
2. Can my character, who's say a bard, claim to be a wizard or a cleric without making bluff/persuade/something checks?
3. Is there any notice as to when one of the player run store items will "expire" and let a new owner take over?

Rwby

Post by Rwby » Mon Jul 10, 2017 6:51 pm

1) Time passing!
2) Sure. You can claim anything you like. No-one is obliged to believe you, however.
3) It's noted on the ownership of the store. You have to keep track of it in your head if you're the owner, and there's no visable way for a player to know when it was last refreshed. The DMs can, however.

Opustus

Post by Opustus » Mon Jul 10, 2017 8:01 pm

Teshil wrote:(Also, sheesh, Opustus has been here a month already? I'm late to the mass Amian defection!)
How time flies! Nice to see you here, though I sorely miss Amia at the same time. I've had more time for forum lurking than actual playing, a wrong I aim to right any day now. Props for the daring declaration of n00bity, we're in the same boat!
Characters: all poor babies suffering from neglect

Kirito

Post by Kirito » Mon Jul 10, 2017 8:02 pm

3) you could also try offering the store owner a ludicrous amount of money to sell it to you.

Teshil

Post by Teshil » Mon Jul 10, 2017 8:53 pm

I was told store owners can't transfer them. is that not true?

Hunter548

Post by Hunter548 » Mon Jul 10, 2017 8:53 pm

They can put the shop up for sell while you stand right there to buy it.
UilliamNebel wrote:
Wed Feb 12, 2020 10:24 pm
You're right. Participating in the forums was a mistake. Won't do this again.
Anime Sword Fighter wrote: I have seen far too many miniskirt anime slave girls.

Teshil

Post by Teshil » Mon Jul 10, 2017 9:00 pm

Thanks! Next round then:

1. Does it matter where a blade orb is in your inventory for it to "work?"
2. It says that players usually don't remember what happened prior to death, but that even the fugue plane area is IC. What does that mean? What do I know when I wake up, if I want to be in the majority?
3. Does Arelith prefer fast typing with typos or slow typing without?

Hunter548

Post by Hunter548 » Mon Jul 10, 2017 9:02 pm

Teshil wrote:Thanks! Next round then:

1. Does it matter where a blade orb is in your inventory for it to "work?"
Nope.
2. It says that players usually don't remember what happened prior to death, but that even the fugue plane area is IC. What does that mean? What do I know when I wake up, if I want to be in the majority?
The rules are that you can remember everything you wish. Most players, however, tend to have some amnesia of a few hours before death - There's no real right answer here.
3. Does Arelith prefer fast typing with typos or slow typing without?
Honestly I'd prefer the former, but this is definitely a personal preference sort of thing.
UilliamNebel wrote:
Wed Feb 12, 2020 10:24 pm
You're right. Participating in the forums was a mistake. Won't do this again.
Anime Sword Fighter wrote: I have seen far too many miniskirt anime slave girls.

Teshil

Post by Teshil » Mon Jul 10, 2017 9:05 pm

Do you RP in the fugue? How does that start out?

MissEvelyn
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Post by MissEvelyn » Tue Jul 11, 2017 2:25 am

Teshil wrote:Do you RP in the fugue? How does that start out?
Always. But my characters are always kind of mentally ill or in a state of shock there. Or in denial.

Kuma
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Post by Kuma » Tue Jul 11, 2017 11:46 am

MissEvelyn wrote:Or in denial.
But denial is in Egypt.

House Freth: Reference Information
House Claddath: Reference Information
"What's a heretic?": a guide to religious schism terminology

Irongron wrote:

4. No full screen images of the NWN gnome model (might frighten the children)

kittenblackfriends
Arelith Platinum Supporter
Arelith Platinum Supporter

Post by kittenblackfriends » Tue Jul 11, 2017 12:13 pm

*takes a golf club to Kuma's jaw*
Gandalf wrote:Some believe it is only great power that can hold evil in check. But that is not what I have found. I have found that it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay. Small acts of kindness and love.

Teshil

Post by Teshil » Tue Jul 11, 2017 3:26 pm

Thanks everyone. A few more:

1. I have an innate ability item that can't be "used," does that mean it's being used automatically?
2. Is it okay to enchant items with +umd and use them to equip powerful items you couldn't before, then remove the umd items that let you do it?
3. I often find I'm missing stacks of potions or like that. Are these items getting stolen? Is there any way of knowing whether you lost it to theft or just dropped it?

Lorkas

Post by Lorkas » Tue Jul 11, 2017 3:35 pm

1. You'll have to be more specific. What are you talking about?

2. You can definitely equip something on the basis of UMD gained through items, but every time you log into the game, it checks your UMD to see if you can equip said items, and force-unequips them if you can't (note: when doing this specific check, it doesn't count UMD from items--if you need 25 UMD to equip something, and you have 15 base + 10 from items, you will unequip the item when you log in). If you have a full inventory, that may well mean that you force-drop the item, which sometimes leads to a bug where you can no longer pick up the item. It also means that if the item you're UMD-equipping is combat-essential and you crash during combat, you're going to have to find a way to finish the combat without that item when you log back in. I'm not sure whether unequipping the UMD items re-checks whether or not you can have the other item equipped.

3. It might be that they're getting stolen, it might be that you're selling them by accident. The only way to know that you've been pickpocketed (apart from the thief bragging to you about it) is having enough spot to see that they're trying to pickpocket you, and even that won't stop the theft from being successful.

Teshil

Post by Teshil » Tue Jul 11, 2017 3:41 pm

Thanks very much. I believe the innate ability item I have represents a minor gift which gives a skill bonus. I assumed it was being applied at all times, but then I saw a character using an item called "innate ability" and wondered if I neded to be activating mine somehow.