Item locations

You have questions? We may have answers.

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators

Woper_The_Black

Item locations

Post by Woper_The_Black » Tue Jun 27, 2017 1:42 am

So is it ok to post on these forums where specific items are located for public knowledge or is this supposed to be in-game knowledge, or is this a grey area depending on what the item or resource is ?
As an example; Irongron mentioned he has added extra ore to certain places but didn't specify. Posting where something is located seems a bit unfair when others have had to explore to find the knowledge....

Wytchee
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Re: Item locations

Post by Wytchee » Tue Jun 27, 2017 1:47 am

That sounds like it would be strictly IG knowledge. Feel free to make a cartographer and sell resource maps in character.
Current character: Abigail Duskwood

One Two Three Five

Post by One Two Three Five » Tue Jun 27, 2017 1:53 am

There used to be some of these in-
oh. wharftown. Did they get moved? I don't know how updated they were, but I remember them being literal playermade lists of what to get where.
The devil does not need any more advocates
Clerics are just socially acceptable warlocks.

Woper_The_Black

Post by Woper_The_Black » Tue Jun 27, 2017 2:10 am

I know there are boards that people have put a lot of time and effort into IG. I was meaning things like posting on the forums as in: The horn of a magical creature can be found on X boss in X dungeon.

kittenblackfriends
Arelith Platinum Supporter
Arelith Platinum Supporter

Post by kittenblackfriends » Tue Jun 27, 2017 11:01 am

Wharftown's boards were out of date anyways, since the rare resources were moved around.
Gandalf wrote:Some believe it is only great power that can hold evil in check. But that is not what I have found. I have found that it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay. Small acts of kindness and love.

Rwby

Post by Rwby » Tue Jun 27, 2017 11:33 am

Rare resources are moved on a frequent basis to prevent this kind of out of game information sharing. So I'd not advise posting it!

As others have said, make a career in character selling this stuff. It is in demand.