Gone's

You have questions? We may have answers.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs

Cerk Evermoore

Gone's

Post by Cerk Evermoore » Mon May 22, 2017 5:26 pm

How do they work exactly? Would a drow or kobold shoot more Gone slugs than another person? I hear they bypass AC? Would this be a good weapon for a lower level to protect themselves against higher level players?

High Primate

Re: Gone's

Post by High Primate » Mon May 22, 2017 5:34 pm

Cerk Evermoore wrote:How do they work exactly?
Equip it in your quickslot and assign Use: Unique Power to it. Click that on your target when you want to fire. You need to have gonne explosive slugs in your inventory for this to work. Each use uses up one slug.
Would a drow or kobold shoot more Gone slugs than another person?
No, you can only use it once per round. They deal about 80-110 damage usually.
I hear they bypass AC? Would this be a good weapon for a lower level to protect themselves against higher level players?
When you use a gonne, you perform a ranged touch attack, which ignores certain types of AC: http://nwn.wikia.com/wiki/Touch_attack So, to answer your final question, sometimes, though those high level players typically have gonnes, too. It's usually a good way for a group of lowbies to protect themselves from one highbie.
Some builds I've worked on (not recommended):
Charisma Battlecleric
"E-Dodge Brycer"

Baron Saturday

Post by Baron Saturday » Mon May 22, 2017 5:52 pm

High Primate pretty much covered everything, though there are a few additions I'd like to make.

First off, gonnes can misfire and crit. On a misfire, you deal no damage to your target and are set on fire (basically a combust spell on self). On a crit, You'll be doing ~160-220 damage to the target.

Between the gonne (a heavy crossbow) and the slugs (which weigh 0.3 each), it can get pretty heavy pretty fast, but thanks to the recent carry weight buff, it's become a lot more viable for low-strength characters to use a gonne.

Gonnes are great in PvE for dealing with enemies with damage shields.

Lastly, gonnes have a custom appearance (a crossbow, but without the bow part). If you try to change the appearance of a gonne, you're going to end up with a heavy crossbow. It will still WORK like a gonne, but it might look kinda silly.
Rolled: Helene d'Arque, Sara Lyonall
Shelved: Kels Vetian, Cin ys'Andalis, Saul Haidt
Playing: Oshe Jordain

Cerk Evermoore

Post by Cerk Evermoore » Tue May 23, 2017 4:36 pm

Can a Gonne shoot regular crossbow bolts?

Freyason

Post by Freyason » Tue May 23, 2017 5:16 pm

Yes it can. I went through most of my special bolts while trying to figure out how to use it (and then I found this thread, thanks... wish you posted it day earlier ;)

Baron Saturday

Post by Baron Saturday » Tue May 23, 2017 6:08 pm

It can, BUT it's not going to do much damage with them.
Rolled: Helene d'Arque, Sara Lyonall
Shelved: Kels Vetian, Cin ys'Andalis, Saul Haidt
Playing: Oshe Jordain