Repairs

You have questions? We may have answers.

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators

Iceborn
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Repairs

Post by Iceborn » Wed Apr 19, 2017 9:46 am

Food/drink doesn't matter, no matter how you put it.
Maybe it would if you had -one- canteen and container for food to carry in your adventures, instead of eating and drinking directly from the inventory.
And even then I am not sure if it would be any better than completely removing it.

Rest makes -some- sense, but it still doesn't feel right.
Personally I'd advocate for either its removal, or its overhaul into simply turning into a flat cooldown.
Misc Changes, with the Feats and Skills sublinks.
Available races
Spell Changes
Class Mechanics
Command Guide

Take a look before asking your questions!

Nitro

Post by Nitro » Wed Apr 19, 2017 10:28 am

I can get behind rest, it puts a limiter on how many times a spellcaster can dish out ultimate death in a dungeon, and forces parties that go for extended trip to camp somewhere down the middle.

But the impact of booze on rest seems weird. Why does every non-infinite caster have to be a sleep-deprived alcoholic while all the melee characters can just happily sleep up to 100% at an inn and forget about it for a long while?

Manabi

Post by Manabi » Thu Apr 20, 2017 12:35 am

gilescorey wrote:
Manabi wrote:Rest just kills me. I wish the arena had a "refresh" person so you didn't have to pound liquor til' rest to go another round. People used to get so mad when my rest was at 70-80 on a journey.
I also dislike the rest system. Having to "juggle" how tired your spellcasting character is so you can be effective in a dungeon group feels pretty silly from an IC perspective.
Eh, I kind of get it from a Wizard's standpoint. Spells are wiped from your mind when using them (at least in 3.5) and you would have to memorize them over and over, day after day, when they are used. Resting before battle, going into battle, resting midway makes no sense for the memorization of hundreds of pages of spells. Still though, the game doesn't exactly have that balance. You're either going to be not effective at the beginning, or not effective at the end if you don't rest at least once. A summon can make up the fact that a Wizard can often be a burden on a group, but drains EXP (if I remember correctly)

It's a hard subject to tackle.
Owlbears are the only thing keeping Arelith from the D&D experience.