Q: Ranger and Weapon Focus - Missle feat

You have questions? We may have answers.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs

The Kriv
Arelith Platinum Supporter

Q: Ranger and Weapon Focus - Missle feat

Post by The Kriv » Sat Oct 19, 2019 11:20 pm

I am trying to figure out if my main character requires a total rebuild or not, and I am not quite understanding exactly what has changed over the years.

This character is literally 10 years old... and originally was Ranger: Sniper path.

I've tried to bring the character into various character-builder mods, but with Arelith's customizations, I can't get it to load up because i keep getting 'invalid race' error... so I turned to Leto to try to extract the info... and best of my ability, I have determined that this character does have "Weapon focus: Longbow" at character creation.

I've done a test build over at the Arelith-PGCC and it appears that when creating a Ranger, the feat "Weapon Focus: Missle" is given at character creation. I seemed to have missed that part in the change-logs of the Arelith Updates thread..

If this is the case.. and if Ranger-characters are given Weapon Focus: Missle, at character creation, then my rebuild of just being lowered down to level 1 means I lose access to 1 feat if I rebuild... and that if I don't rebuild.. I suffer 1 less potential feat than if I had rebuilt.

-So, I guess my question is... Is it in fact true that Rangers get Weapon Focus: Missle on creation... and is there anything I can do to change it without reamking the character? Or is total-character-remake my only option...

-thanks in advance for the answers.

-K
-Unit of beauty required to launch one ship = 1 milihelen

Taerl

Re: Q: Ranger and Weapon Focus - Missle feat

Post by Taerl » Sun Oct 20, 2019 12:48 am

pretty sure THIS is exactly why I cant make ammo with Kose, he still has the WF longbow instead of WF missle or projectile or whatever it is. I'm NOT wanting to do a revuild on this guy but need the feat to be changed from lvl 1 which I cant do from a re-level

goblinhero
Arelith Gold Supporter
Arelith Gold Supporter

Post by goblinhero » Sun Oct 20, 2019 1:40 am

Are they per chance Wood elves? My wood elf has WF:Longbow - which she got at character creation - and I don't think the conversion from WF:Longbow > WF:Missile worked for those.

Taerl

Post by Taerl » Sun Oct 20, 2019 2:30 am

Kose is a wood elf yes and yea I think you must be correct about it being the woofelf receiving the feat for free at lvl 1 that's the problem or at least "A" problem. However the epic WF Longbow DID change to Epic WF missle

The Kriv

Post by The Kriv » Sun Oct 20, 2019 2:30 pm

Ah, well my character is a Wood Elf, so that must be where it is coming from.

That answers the riddle of where the feat came from. I guess the only way to correct it is the full remake.

thanks yall.
-Unit of beauty required to launch one ship = 1 milihelen

goblinhero
Arelith Gold Supporter
Arelith Gold Supporter

Post by goblinhero » Sun Oct 20, 2019 7:22 pm

All woodelves gain WF:Longbow - I have not tested on a new wood elf, though