Rogue/Monk/Assassin/SD update question

You have questions? We may have answers.

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators

Sea Shanties

Rogue/Monk/Assassin/SD update question

Post by Sea Shanties » Thu Apr 18, 2019 6:24 pm

"Assassin levels contribute to interpreting tracks.."

Does this mean assassins can track without ranger levels? Or do you have to take ranger to unlock this ability?

And a follow up, does "unarmed" count as a tiny weapon for assassins, or is that excluded like other monk weapons?

I may have additional questions. Thanks.

yellowcateyes
Project Lead
Project Lead

Re: Rogue/Monk/Assassin/SD update question

Post by yellowcateyes » Thu Apr 18, 2019 7:06 pm

Assassins can now interpret tracks left by player-characters, but they can not use the -tracks command unless they have access to it from another source.

Unarmed does not qualify for the 'Hidden Danger' bonus of Assassins.
Dinosaur Space Program is my working partner on Arelith-related projects. If my inbox is full or I take a while to get back to you, feel free to PM them questions or concerns.

Sea Shanties

Post by Sea Shanties » Thu Apr 18, 2019 7:46 pm

Thanks for the reply.

I've never had a complete handle on -track vs. ranger tracking (and is -tracks a different command than -track?)

Just to be clear, you're saying assassins cannot "check what creature spawns in the area and current population levels" (-track command) without ranger levels but they can, without ranger levels, click to examine tracks and see what kind of PC left them?

Thanks again--

yellowcateyes
Project Lead
Project Lead

Post by yellowcateyes » Thu Apr 18, 2019 7:55 pm

Sea Shanties wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2019 7:46 pm
Just to be clear, you're saying assassins cannot "check what creature spawns in the area and current population levels" (-track command) without ranger levels but they can, without ranger levels, click to examine tracks and see what kind of PC left them?
Yes, this should be the case.

Sea Shanties

Post by Sea Shanties » Thu Apr 18, 2019 8:22 pm

All clear now, thank you

jastewart1988

Post by jastewart1988 » Wed May 01, 2019 8:36 pm

"Hidden Danger: Assassins receive a passive AB bonus when wielding a concealable weapon, equal to +1 AB per five class levels. Small characters treat any Tiny weapon as concealable. Medium or larger characters treat any Small or Tiny weapon as concealable. This bonus does not apply to Kama, Katana, Shuriken, or Lances. If the Assassin qualifies for the Rogue bonus to the AB property of Rogue Proficiency weapons, the Hidden Danger bonus will not stack - the Assassin bonus will be reduced by the same amount of AB granted by the Rogue bonus."

Does this work in a similar way to the rogues in that if you had a +3 weapon and had this reach say +2 you would be able to bypass stoneskin and premonition DR? or is this simply an increased chance to hit something?