Logins

You have questions? We may have answers.

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators

Emotionaloverload
Arelith Platinum Supporter

Logins

Post by Emotionaloverload » Mon Sep 24, 2018 4:12 am

Hi.

So since the character searching site is down (at least it seems that way on my end), what do people generally do to find all their characters/logins?

(Aside from be responsible and remember T.T)

Thank you
-S
Formerly; Echo Hemlocke-Ralkai, Joshua Colt, Namil Evanara, Elanor Shortwick, Sawyer Brook, Kaylessa Dree, Sines Oliver Selakiir, Birgitta Birdie Swordhill, Bella Weartherbee, Arael Laceflower, Corbin, Rupert Silveroak, Hadi the Slave and others.

strong yeet

Re: Logins

Post by strong yeet » Mon Sep 24, 2018 4:19 am

It used to be that you could message Dunshine and ask him for help iirc, but now obviously that's very probably nonviable; try LittleWeasel maybe?

PinataPlethora

Post by PinataPlethora » Mon Sep 24, 2018 4:20 am

Every time I make a new character, I create a new folder with the name so I can store related resources, and a new text file with the login/name and character details. If I forget, I just have to look there.

Sounds like you'd benefit from doing the same.

Are you talking about Cihparg's portal page?

Bryce Silver-Wind

Post by Bryce Silver-Wind » Mon Sep 24, 2018 5:22 am

Use Notepad?

Baron Saturday

Post by Baron Saturday » Mon Sep 24, 2018 7:10 am

Use the same login for 15 years running.
Rolled: Helene d'Arque, Sara Lyonall
Shelved: Kels Vetian, Cin ys'Andalis, Saul Haidt
Playing: Oshe Jordain

Anatida
General Admin
General Admin

Post by Anatida » Mon Sep 24, 2018 2:42 pm

Baron Saturday wrote:
Mon Sep 24, 2018 7:10 am
Use the same login for 15 years running.
QFT

My pronouns are: She/Her/That *itch

Xerah

Post by Xerah » Mon Sep 24, 2018 3:40 pm

It’s not required to use the same login anymore. All your characters are in the same vault now.
Katernin Bersk, Chancellor of Divination; Kerri Amblecrown, Paladin of Milil; Xull'kacha Auvry'rae, Redcap Fey-pacted; Sadia yr Thuravya el Bhirax, Priestess of Umberlee; Lissa Whitehorn, Archmage of Artifice

Emotionaloverload

Post by Emotionaloverload » Mon Sep 24, 2018 3:53 pm

Xerah wrote:
Mon Sep 24, 2018 3:40 pm
It’s not required to use the same login anymore. All your characters are in the same vault now.
While they may all (some of them, at least) be in the same vault, it doesn't allow you to pick them unless you have the correct/original player login. It tells you that it is mismatched and you are booted.

-S
Formerly; Echo Hemlocke-Ralkai, Joshua Colt, Namil Evanara, Elanor Shortwick, Sawyer Brook, Kaylessa Dree, Sines Oliver Selakiir, Birgitta Birdie Swordhill, Bella Weartherbee, Arael Laceflower, Corbin, Rupert Silveroak, Hadi the Slave and others.

Xerah

Post by Xerah » Mon Sep 24, 2018 4:05 pm

That’s strange. I’ve changed account names all the time and never seen that.
Katernin Bersk, Chancellor of Divination; Kerri Amblecrown, Paladin of Milil; Xull'kacha Auvry'rae, Redcap Fey-pacted; Sadia yr Thuravya el Bhirax, Priestess of Umberlee; Lissa Whitehorn, Archmage of Artifice

Nitro

Post by Nitro » Mon Sep 24, 2018 4:26 pm

Emotionaloverload wrote:
Mon Sep 24, 2018 3:53 pm
Xerah wrote:
While they may all (some of them, at least) be in the same vault, it doesn't allow you to pick them unless you have the correct/original player login. It tells you that it is mismatched and you are booted.

-S
Just login again with the same name and pick the same character and it works, no need to dig up the original once you've logged in with it once to get that character in your vault to begin with.

Fionn

Post by Fionn » Mon Sep 24, 2018 7:31 pm

Xerah wrote:
Mon Sep 24, 2018 4:05 pm
That’s strange. I’ve changed account names all the time and never seen that.
I sometimes get it, sometimes it lets me use a vanity login. No clue if this is Beamdog or Arelith.
~~~~~~
Badger
Wynn
RIP: Paddy

WanderingPoet

Post by WanderingPoet » Tue Sep 25, 2018 11:47 am

Emotionaloverload wrote:
Mon Sep 24, 2018 3:53 pm
Xerah wrote:

-S
Generally speaking you have to log into a character related to an account first before you can use it for others. That is, since I didn't make Yeto on the WanderingPoet account I needed to log into a character made with that account, then I could use it for Yeto. I could also just straight up use Wandering Poet (with a space) no issues.

Maybe something similar for you?
Path_of_Play wrote:Fear, intimidation, anger - All these, the tyrant's tools.
Laughter, encouragement, play - not simply just for fools.
These tools reveal,
More is learned,
From another in an hour of play,
Than in a year of contention.

Emotionaloverload

Post by Emotionaloverload » Tue Sep 25, 2018 12:49 pm

Alright. I have managed to find some characters and bring them into the same vault, I can't make a new character using a new login. It deletes character. What am I doing wrong?

Enter, put in new login, create character, finish, get booted and deleted.

-S

Blood on my Lips

Post by Blood on my Lips » Tue Sep 25, 2018 3:26 pm

I would guess that the new login you chose was not unique. Try another one?

Emotionaloverload

Post by Emotionaloverload » Fri Sep 28, 2018 11:57 pm

Okay, so I tried an old login that worked in transferring an old character to my current vault (so it must be 'unique') however when I tried to use it to make a new character I got the same [Character deleted] message.

I will be using my EO login just to cut down on the hassle but if anyone knows what I am doing wrong, please let me know for the future.

-S

Morderon
Technical Lead
Technical Lead

Post by Morderon » Sat Sep 29, 2018 12:34 am

Did you log in with that old character? As the transferring alone does nothing, you need to hit play on the old character so the records update with the account you made it with,

Emotionaloverload

Post by Emotionaloverload » Sat Sep 29, 2018 4:25 am

Morderon wrote:
Sat Sep 29, 2018 12:34 am
Did you log in with that old character? As the transferring alone does nothing, you need to hit play on the old character so the records update with the account you made it with,
Thank you! I will try that next time.

-S