Trade Skills

You have questions? We may have answers.

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators

TobinBurrofut

Trade Skills

Post by TobinBurrofut » Sat Jun 23, 2018 4:59 pm

Is there a way to unlearn all my skills trade and train it again?
i d'like to chage profession

Jagel

Re: Trade Skills

Post by Jagel » Sat Jun 23, 2018 5:14 pm

Pretty sure there isn’t

PinataPlethora

Post by PinataPlethora » Sat Jun 23, 2018 5:26 pm

TobinBurrofut wrote:
Sat Jun 23, 2018 4:59 pm
Is there a way to unlearn all my skills trade and train it again?
i d'like to chage profession
If you lose XP equivalent to that required to gain your current level, you will have the option to remove 2 Trade Skill Points. Releveling will remove this option.

EX: If you are level 16, you can remove 15000XP to recover 2 points. If you are level 4, you can remove 3000XP to recover 2 points.

In order to recover all of them, you must either de-level to 3, or lose and regain XP many times at whatever level you choose.

Rwby

Post by Rwby » Sat Jun 23, 2018 5:27 pm

If there was it would undermine the entire trade system as you'd just switch whenever you wanted to craft something new.

I ~think~ you can lose them on a delevel, but I'm not certain of such. If this was the case you'd have to delevel and relevel normally to earn them back, it wouldn't be a simple switch, and should go through the DM Team.

PinataPlethora

Post by PinataPlethora » Sat Jun 23, 2018 5:40 pm

Rwby wrote:
Sat Jun 23, 2018 5:27 pm
I ~think~ you can lose them on a delevel, but I'm not certain of such. If this was the case you'd have to delevel and relevel normally to earn them back, it wouldn't be a simple switch, and should go through the DM Team.
See my post above.

You don't need the DM team, just the -losexp command.

Changing your entire skill set without significantly deleveling would probably take longer than just releveling, so the trade system isn't at risk of being undermined.

MalKalz
General Admin
General Admin

Post by MalKalz » Sat Jun 23, 2018 11:33 pm

The DMs do not offer entire trade skill resets unless there is a very valid reason, such as a bug that we are aware of.

Discord: @malkalz
Determine your Public CD Key here
Can't see your vault? Have you migrated your accounts? If you have tried, and still can't see them, message me.

TobinBurrofut

Post by TobinBurrofut » Mon Jun 25, 2018 7:17 pm

Ok i understand. So thank you all for infos! I don't want to love 16 levels to untrain all my trade skills point!
I will stay.

Kenji
Arelith Platinum Supporter

Post by Kenji » Tue Jun 26, 2018 1:10 pm

Just wanted to mention that deleveling a character doesn't refund the spent crafting points, as indicated on the wiki page: http://wiki.arelith.com/Character_remake

"You also keep your allocated crafting points, but will not earn any new crafting points until after you reach your old level."

Afraid if the points are spent, they are there for good.

PinataPlethora

Post by PinataPlethora » Tue Jun 26, 2018 3:08 pm

Kenji3108 wrote:
Tue Jun 26, 2018 1:10 pm
Afraid if the points are spent, they are there for good.
Nope. You can take them out by using -losexp correctly, by the method stated above, but you have to remember to manually remove the points through the trade skill menu, and you won't get the points back until you reach the appropriate level.

Kenji

Post by Kenji » Wed Jun 27, 2018 5:35 am

I see. I haven't given it a test, but essentially any points spent before level 3 (ex: Gift of Craft and 6 points from level 3) will not be refundable, then. Players are advised to only dedicate their crafting points after level 4, at least.

Xerah

Post by Xerah » Wed Jun 27, 2018 5:49 am

That is not true.

Points spent are not tied to what level they are taken at. Every time you delevel a FULL level, you can take out two points, from any that you wish. You can do this as much as you want. So, if you've taken gift of crafting, then you'd have to delevel 5 extra levels to get those points back.
Katernin Bersk, Chancellor of Divination; Kerri Amblecrown, Paladin of Milil; Xull'kacha Auvry'rae, Redcap Fey-pacted; Sadia yr Thuravya el Bhirax, Priestess of Umberlee; Lissa Whitehorn, Archmage of Artifice

PinataPlethora

Post by PinataPlethora » Wed Jun 27, 2018 5:54 am

You can sit at level 3 and very easily drop 2k xp at a time until all of your points are removed. Goes super quick with writs.

Kenji

Post by Kenji » Wed Jun 27, 2018 5:58 am

Thanks for clarifying. I don't think characters are allowed to remove more exp below a certain threshold, only down to 2999 for level2 to 3 relevels, anyways. (Tried it on Skal, since talking to the Mayor automatically levels the level2 character to 3)

So a way to redo those 10 gift of craft points would be level the character from 3 to 4, delevel, take out points, and rinse and repeat until all 5 levels/10 points are done.

Might be easier just rerolling at that point.

PinataPlethora

Post by PinataPlethora » Wed Jun 27, 2018 6:15 am

Kenji3108 wrote:
Wed Jun 27, 2018 5:58 am
Thanks for clarifying. I don't think characters are allowed to remove more exp below a certain threshold, only down to 2999 for level2 to 3 relevels, anyways. (Tried it on Skal, since talking to the Mayor automatically levels the level2 character to 3)

So a way to redo those 10 gift of craft points would be level the character from 3 to 4, delevel, take out points, and rinse and repeat until all 5 levels/10 points are done.

Might be easier just rerolling at that point.
1. You can drop below 2999, you just can't use -losexp to drop below level 2, and you can't use it at all if you're at level 2 or lower.

2. You don't have to drop the entire level, you only have to drop as much XP as it took to gain that level. It takes 2000XP to get from L2 to L3, so if you're at L3, you only have to drop 2000XP to get a point refund, not the whole level.

I really feel like you're better off asking questions, at this point, rather than continuing to make these wild, unfounded assertions. It just makes it harder for us to give you the help you're looking for.

Kenji

Post by Kenji » Wed Jun 27, 2018 6:36 am

Sorry, it's a work habit of mine, pay it no mind. I think I have it figured out now (finally).

Edit: Full list of things to do if one wishes to reset all the crafting skill points, Gift of Craft characters included.
1. Delevel by the amount of xp required to reach current level by using -losexp command, formula being (nth level = (n-1) x 1000 exp)
2. Access crafting menu and select [Decrease Skill Level] and confirm, only 2 refunded points per decreased level.
3. Delevel until Level 3, players can't use -losexp command at level 2 or to reduce the player below level2
4. Type in "-losexp 2000"
5. Repeat #2
6. Talk to Mayor of Skaljard (immediately sets the PC to 3001 exp)
7. Level up the character, otherwise, players can't -losexp 2000 again
8. Repeat 4-7 until all desired craft points are refunded