SR gift mothballed?

You have questions? We may have answers.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

SR gift mothballed?

Postby One Two Three Five » Thu Dec 07, 2017 5:32 am

I found an old (old) couple chars of mine with the SR gift, but it doesn't appear to Do anything. Is this intentional or what?
The devil does not need any more advocates

Clerics are just socially acceptable warlocks.
One Two Three Five

Re: SR gift mothballed?

Postby Sab1 » Thu Dec 07, 2017 5:35 am

I thought they got rid of it, also it never seemed for the ecl hit to me. SInce that SR at higher lvls never stopped a whole lot. The Sr gift to me seemed mostly useful at lower lvls.
Sab1

Postby TimeAdept » Thu Dec 07, 2017 5:41 am

a free unstoppable 32 SR sounds pretty damn good to me, tbh.
TimeAdept

Plays as: Pierce Wellby (Accidental Chancellor)

Postby One Two Three Five » Thu Dec 07, 2017 5:52 am

Yes, right, but I distinctly remember it showing as 32 sr on their sheet. Now it shows as zero. Something happen?
The devil does not need any more advocates

Clerics are just socially acceptable warlocks.
One Two Three Five

Postby Hunter548 » Thu Dec 07, 2017 5:58 am

As I recall, whenever they deactivated it Something happened with characters who already had it, and you have to get it reapplied by a dm/dev. Possibly have to get it reapplied every reset.
And The Wind Began to Howl wrote: Bardadin unfriended, now ranger/assassin is my best friend

Batrachophrenoboocosmomachia wrote: the gnomes in the base game are monstrous little nightmare homunculi and they creep everyone out whether they admit it or not.
Hunter548

Plays as: Usermaatre Setepenre

Postby Sab1 » Thu Dec 07, 2017 3:52 pm

TimeAdept wrote:a free unstoppable 32 SR sounds pretty damn good to me, tbh.

Never saw a high lvl/epic mage lose sleep over a 32 sr. Playing a drow with SR I can say rarely if ever did it ever stop a spell in high lvl dungeon from a enemy caster. 2 ecl at the time was a steep price to pay for it.
Sab1

Postby Dr_Hazard89 » Thu Dec 07, 2017 4:11 pm

Sab1 wrote:
TimeAdept wrote:a free unstoppable 32 SR sounds pretty damn good to me, tbh.

Never saw a high lvl/epic mage lose sleep over a 32 sr. Playing a drow with SR I can say rarely if ever did it ever stop a spell in high lvl dungeon from a enemy caster. 2 ecl at the time was a steep price to pay for it.

I've had the opposite experience where casting spells on a Drow (32 SR) as level 30 wizard is so unreliable that I usually just go straight for spells that don't bother with SR (Hellball/Gruin/Black Blade/EDK).
Иcпeци пa peци.
Dr_Hazard89

Plays as: Xun'sali (ACTIVE), Tianae Tymeaneldth (Rolled), Sylali (Rolled), Magpie (Rolled), Ker'uanna Tymeaneldth (Rolled), Lepota Poklona (Rolled), Andariel Bloodletter (Retired), Tahl'tril Cyredrretyn (Rolled), L'omithiel (Retired).

Postby Xanos950 » Thu Dec 07, 2017 4:14 pm

as a CL 30 wizard to fail a SR 32 you'd have to literally roll a 1.
Xanos950

Plays as: Valdrin Xal'rae (Rolled), Vit'ryll Xal'rae (Shelved), Elriel Dy'nesin (Active)

Postby BegoneThoth » Thu Dec 07, 2017 4:26 pm

But it does block most offensive items.

Goodbye iron horn pots.
BegoneThoth

Plays as: Thazar Ur

Postby Hunter548 » Thu Dec 07, 2017 5:07 pm

You also can mords or breach someone to drop their SR, too. Works on anything that isn't monk SR. Primary casters don't have problems with SR. It's mostly for items, as Thoth said, and NPC casters.
And The Wind Began to Howl wrote: Bardadin unfriended, now ranger/assassin is my best friend

Batrachophrenoboocosmomachia wrote: the gnomes in the base game are monstrous little nightmare homunculi and they creep everyone out whether they admit it or not.
Hunter548

Plays as: Usermaatre Setepenre

Postby Dr_Hazard89 » Thu Dec 07, 2017 5:19 pm

Xanos950 wrote:as a CL 30 wizard to fail a SR 32 you'd have to literally roll a 1.

You underestimate my 1 rolling abilities.

Give me adamantine ingots, and I will give you improbability.
Иcпeци пa peци.
Dr_Hazard89

Plays as: Xun'sali (ACTIVE), Tianae Tymeaneldth (Rolled), Sylali (Rolled), Magpie (Rolled), Ker'uanna Tymeaneldth (Rolled), Lepota Poklona (Rolled), Andariel Bloodletter (Retired), Tahl'tril Cyredrretyn (Rolled), L'omithiel (Retired).

Return to Questions & Answers