Eternally Cursed (maybe)

Bugs with Arelith (in-game and out) should be reported here.

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators, Contributors

DeepWebAssassin

Eternally Cursed (maybe)

Post by DeepWebAssassin » Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:34 am

Description:
I was doing the Manfried Manor writ and was cursed by one of the NPC spawns there. I saw a number of red debuffs appear at the top of my screen and character sheet, so I used -pray to try and clear it. It had no effect, so I also tried Restoration, Greater Restoration, and a Remove Curse scroll -- all to no effect or feedback. Nothing in the combat log, nothing anywhere else, no VFX aside from the spells I cast.

Eventually I just decided to ignore it and keep on with the dungeon, and when I later server hopped it vanished -- except that I now got a notification + a tell saying that I was still cursed (screenshot of the yellow text below.) Now there is no indicated debuff on my character sheet, yet every time I log in it tells me I'm cursed. It has persisted across multiple resets. I have again tried every method of removing curses I can think of and I have not received any feedback on whether or not it's working.

The only curse-related feedback I HAVE received is a note saying I'm immune to curses in my combat log immediately after the "you are still cursed" notification, despite my character having no source of curse immunity at any point in time.

Extra Note: I was told by another player that this is something that just happens sometimes under the new system even if you successfully clear a curse, and that it will eventually stop itself after some amount of time. It has been about 2 real life days for me and it's still popping up.

Steps to reproduce: Become cursed and try to clear it.

Expected result: Curse is cleared OR feedback is shown stating that it wasn't cleared.

Actual result: Unable to tell if curse is clear or not, no feedback at any point, persistent "you are cursed" messages.

Screenshot(s):

Which Server(s)? I obtained the curse on Surface and it has persisted onto Distant Shores and Guldorand (I never tried Cordor & Planes)

Gaming Platform(s)? PC

Currently Playing:
Damon Rook
(Discord: narcopolo)

Amnesy
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Eternally Cursed (maybe)

Post by Amnesy » Sun Apr 28, 2024 6:59 am

Hello, please subject the PC to detect curse, if this does not help please reach out to be via discord.

Thank you