Loremasters can be made with less than 16 int

Bugs with Arelith (in-game and out) should be reported here.

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators, Contributors

Dedman1234

Loremasters can be made with less than 16 int

Post by Dedman1234 » Sat Mar 30, 2024 2:32 pm

Description of Bug Experienced:
If your character has, at any point, had 16 int, then they will be able to pick loremaster as their class, even if it gets lower than 16. It mostly affects award races that get a negative int modifier, but it can be abused by literally anyone else.

Steps to reproduce the Bug:
Go to PGCC and make an ogre/gnoll/trog with 14 int after their racial modifier gets applied (so put 16 in character creation). Then get 8 lore and Skill focus.

The second method involves any other race.
Here you make a character with however many int points you want. On the screenshot that is a human fighter with 14 int. Then, while lvling up, put two points into int. Pick loremaster and then relevel. Do not put 2 points into int this time, leaving you at 14. You still need to get 8 lore and the feat, though.

Expected Result:
You should be unable to pick the loremaster.

Actual Result:
You can.

Screenshot(s)
Here is an ogre that could've picked the class by accident.

Here is a human that abused -relevel

Additional Information/Notes
This is purely guesswork on my part, but I am assuming that whatever process you use to check if the character has enough int is only done once, and if a character qualifies for the class at any point during their existence, then it never checks whether they have enough int again.

Amnesy
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Loremasters can be made with less than 16 int

Post by Amnesy » Sat Mar 30, 2024 4:00 pm

Hello, thank you for reporting this,
I'll add it to the fixes for next week.

Please note that if any illegal class is found the PC will be forced to relevel.