Bugs on Sailing / Ships

Bugs with Arelith (in-game and out) should be reported here.
Biolab00
Arelith Platinum Supporter
Arelith Platinum Supporter

Bugs on Sailing / Ships

Post by Biolab00 » Wed Mar 20, 2024 5:20 am

Description
1) The speed calculation of the ship is buggy when multiple PC ships are around the surrounding quadrants.
2) Dreadnought is able to shoot across multiple quadrant for a short period of time after either lensing away OR leaving their own quadrant.

Steps to reproduce
1) Have Three/Four or more PC ships ( ie; Iron Throne Courier, Scouts, Silent Surveyor, Dreadnought, Lost Ark etc ) be very closer together ( within 2 Quadrants of each other )
The speed calculation gets drastically INCREASED to the point whereby the ship can literally JUMP a quadrant or takes very short time to travel across quadrants.
The speed calculation is easily displayed from using sextant and sometimes when the speed gets weird, it's an OOC indicator for players that there're multiple ships around said quadrants which is terrible, both in good and bad way of OOC mechanic sense.

2) I've experienced multiple times whereby Dreadnought is able to shoot at my ship whilst we're separated by more than a single quadrant, not cross-quadrant but a full entire quadrant.
The worst time that it happens was, they lensed to Sencliff and is still able to shoot from there, Sencliff, to our quadrant along Outerwater @ Slaver's run, at least for a good one minute before it stops.

Expected result
1) More ships on the Sea should not break the speed calculation. Ships should not literally fly across the Archipelago from Arelith to Edgewater in less than 10 IRL minutes.

2) I do not know if the same applies to other ships but i am very certain about Dreadnought able to fires across multiple quadrants temporarily after being apart from an entire full quadrants when it should NOT.

Actual result
1) Ship literally flies. The speed of the ship does not matter when the amount of PC ships get more.

2) Dreadnought should not be able to fire when they're literally separated by more than a single quadrant(s)

Screenshot(s)
I do not have screenshots to prove because it had happened during my past voyages and speed is not something that screenshot can calculate. DMs or Devs can feel free to send me a forum PM to get in touch to verify the credibility of this issue.

Misc Notes

Which Server(s)?
Surface server

Gaming Platform(s)?
PC