Totem Druid - Base Stat Calculation Error

Bugs with Arelith (in-game and out) should be reported here.
RedGiant

Totem Druid - Base Stat Calculation Error

Post by RedGiant » Tue Feb 27, 2024 1:43 am

Description
Made a Totem Druid with low base stats, in this case strength. Starting strength was 6, but after totem, this turned into a 2. Because I believe the game engine requires a 3, this becomes your new strength regardless.

However, there is some calculation error where the game actually considers your strength stat as a 1. This later affects buffing, because a bull's strength potion (+4) will take you to a grand total of 5 instead of the expected 7. On level up, you can see the game tracks your character's base strength as a 1.

Steps to reproduce
See above.

Expected result
The game reads your base strength as a 3 (or even a 2).

Actual result
The game reads your base strength as a 1.

Screenshot(s)
N/A.

Misc Notes
N/A.

Which Server(s)?
Cities and Planes

Gaming Platform(s)?
Windows 11.

The GrumpyCat wrote:I CLICK THE HOSTIBLE BUTTON NOW U ARE DED!
Irongron wrote:The slaughter, i am afraid, will not abate.

RedGiant

Re: Totem Druid - Base Stat Calculation Error

Post by RedGiant » Sun Mar 03, 2024 12:41 am

Thought I would post an image at level-up to demonstrate. On a low-strength race (-2 in this case), if you start with a 6 and take the totem bargain on a druid for -4, you get 1 instead of 2,

Furthermore, the game weirdly sets it at 3 (probably for engine purposes), but this has no practical effect. Buff's still read it as a 1. So, if you cast Bull's strength on your character: 1+4 = 5.

Again, this is a full one stat point penalty on an already -4/-4/-4 penalized character, effectively making it /-5/-4/-4.

RedGiant

Re: Totem Druid - Base Stat Calculation Error

Post by RedGiant » Sun Mar 17, 2024 4:54 pm

To further investigate, I Just made another totem on low STR race with initial starting 6 STR. So, this is replicable and not a one-time glitch.

All of the above posts remain accurate and the Totem deal of -4 STR actually sets a low STR PC to 1 STR instead of 2 STR.

Still trying to run this down, but the best I can come up with is this is some sort of math error related to the engine/toolset not intending/set-up-for PCs/NPCs to have a base stat less than 3.

From the Wiki:
"...[T]he Toolset allows setting base (starting) ability scores between 3 and 100."

No scripting skill on this end, so that about as far as I can get.