Player 1 Control IGNORES All Hide/MS/Invisibility on Target

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators, Contributors

Mad Martigin

Player 1 Control IGNORES All Hide/MS/Invisibility on Target

Post by Mad Martigin » Sat Jul 20, 2019 4:41 pm

Hi there,

Entered a bit of PvP today with a Undead summoner (3 Mummy Lords). My thief, whose hide/ms is FAR above that of anything a Mummy could spot. The mummy summons had No "True Sight" on them at all during the entire fight, once where I caught them right after they ran to a corner to rest. The summoned Mummies were effortlessly able to chase and re-chase me as I corner hid, HiPS. Nothing I could do to break their Line of Sight until I eventually died from a flurry of 3x mummy lord attacks chasing me faster than I can move in stealth mode.

When talking to the player afterwards, they told me that the Player 1 Tool bypasses/ignores all Hide/MS/Invis and that's just the way it is!

Please tell me we are working on a fix of sorts? This completely destroys any dedicated rogue from PvP against ANY summoner (which is a huge percentage of the player base that engages in any PvP).

Ork
Arelith Gold Supporter
Arelith Gold Supporter

Re: Player 1 Control IGNORES All Hide/MS/Invisibility on Target

Post by Ork » Sat Jul 20, 2019 5:05 pm

You're working with the AI at this point and it's unbelievably clunky. Cultivate counters to summons.

HA GOTEM I DIDNT ROLL

Post by HA GOTEM I DIDNT ROLL » Sat Jul 20, 2019 5:28 pm

Ork wrote:
Sat Jul 20, 2019 5:05 pm
You're working with the AI at this point and it's unbelievably clunky. Cultivate counters to summons.
if a summon doesn't have true sight, it's a bug
cultivate better mechanics
then cultivate farms
then cultivate counters
CC
alliteration

Archnon

Post by Archnon » Sat Jul 20, 2019 6:45 pm

Was the PC able to spot you to click on you? If that is the case it still makes sense. If she can see you then she can point you out to her minions

Mad Martigin

Post by Mad Martigin » Sat Jul 20, 2019 7:20 pm

Archnon wrote:
Sat Jul 20, 2019 6:45 pm
Was the PC able to spot you to click on you? If that is the case it still makes sense. If she can see you then she can point you out to her minions
No,

The only time the caster saw me (Not Spotted) was while I was waiting for the 12 second CD on HiPS, so I could try and avoid the mummies ( Little did I know, they were tracked onto my heat signature like a missile that cannot be broken by magic or skill ).

The caster only needed to "SEE" me once during the 5 minute ordeal to get 1 successful click on my character as I was struggling to hide in any corner, room and repeatedly bashing the HiPS button as it went off cool down to no avail.

Sea Shanties

Post by Sea Shanties » Sat Jul 20, 2019 8:25 pm

This is a recurring problem. I don't know how possible it is for devs to fix the AI in an almost 20 year old game though, or whether that's a challenge any are willing to attempt.

Shadowy Reality
Arelith Gold Supporter
Arelith Gold Supporter

Post by Shadowy Reality » Sat Jul 20, 2019 10:20 pm

I am not sure this is entirely a Player 1 Tool thing.

Some years past when I played my ranger (and player tool 1 wasn't a thing), I very distinctively remember both entering stealth after breaking line of sight and using darkness and summons and companions would still follow me around, even though players ceased to see me.

Dreams

Post by Dreams » Sun Jul 21, 2019 12:39 am

The AI of spawns and summons will follow you, but may not be able to see you. If you stand still for a moment, you'll find that they come up to you and then just stop because they can't see you. Not the best idea during PvP, because your location is still identifiable when they stop.

It's one of those unfortunate things caused by the AI.

RP only starts at 30 if you're a coward.

Cortex

Post by Cortex » Sun Jul 21, 2019 1:17 am

They won't always just stop, the summon AI can be very unforgivable to the point if you lock them onto someone with player tool 1, they'll follow you through transitions, I've killed people this way. Good stuff, especially since EE is trash and load times are worse than ever.
:)

TimeAdept

Post by TimeAdept » Sun Jul 21, 2019 7:39 pm

Yeah, I've had friends get kill notifications in the Devil's Table Library.

While standing in the Hub.

Because the mummies are stone cold slayers.

NauVaseline

Post by NauVaseline » Mon Jul 22, 2019 4:46 am

Sea Shanties wrote:
Sat Jul 20, 2019 8:25 pm
This is a recurring problem. I don't know how possible it is for devs to fix the AI in an almost 20 year old game though, or whether that's a challenge any are willing to attempt.
The A.I. is not hardcoded, A.I. can just be a pain to code.

Monsters like DavidW of Sword Coast Stratagems fame are few and far between.