Can't Lesser Rune a Bronze weapon with 2 enchants

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators, Contributors

almog

Can't Lesser Rune a Bronze weapon with 2 enchants

Post by almog » Thu Jul 11, 2019 11:11 pm

Hey,

After the recent changes i'm getting this message when trying to use a lesser blade rune on a bronze weapon with 2 enchants I added using the enchanting pool (Keen and 1d4 elemental damage):
"Weapon is too heavily enchanted for you to be able to safely apply this crafted rune to it. You must seek a less-enchanted item, or a more powerful rune."

As far as I know a lesser blade rune is made for a blade with 2 enchants and this used to work, maybe its a bug related to the recent changes?

xanrael

Re: Can't Lesser Rune a Bronze weapon with 2 enchants

Post by xanrael » Thu Jul 11, 2019 11:50 pm

Does the weapon have a special property of "bronze" or is it just longsword (bronze) in the name?

almog

Post by almog » Fri Jul 12, 2019 11:43 am

It was a store bought Katana (Bronze) that wasadded a 1d4 negative damage and then keen, see the image, the +4 positive damage was added afterward the rune failed both before and after applying the essence.

Edit: I can't upload the image due to some board attachment quota reached sorry, but it just as I said.

Ebonstar

Post by Ebonstar » Fri Jul 12, 2019 2:13 pm

use an assayer lens to make sure
Yes I can sign

almog

Post by almog » Fri Jul 12, 2019 4:52 pm

Ok, I checked this in the PGCC, it seems like adding 1d4 elemental damage is the same as adding 3 (!) other enchantments,
can we please get a confirmation if this is a bug or a feature?

Taerl

Post by Taerl » Fri Jul 12, 2019 6:51 pm

Ebonstar wrote:
Fri Jul 12, 2019 2:13 pm
use an assayer lens to make sure
Lense is not always correct. Had an item that lense said it would still take a greater or masterly. It would not take either. But the gray worded paragraph on item description also did say has been runes, can not be runes further.

But just pointing out the lense DID say it could still be runes and it was wrong

Ebonstar

Post by Ebonstar » Fri Jul 12, 2019 9:13 pm

the lens was right then, you could have added something with that many enchantments if you hadnt already used a rune for one of them
Yes I can sign

Taerl

Post by Taerl » Mon Jul 15, 2019 3:54 pm

Lol, I see what you are saying, but it still makes it wrong since nothing could be added when it said it could. It was the only piece of gear the lense did that on. Anything else if enchanted, runes the lense would not incorrectly say you could still rune it.

All I am saying is just because it says it CAN be added, which to me means at that moment, does not necessarily mean you can.

almog

Post by almog » Mon Jul 15, 2019 5:34 pm

We may have gotten a bit off-topic here, open your own lenses are bugged thread if you like :)

but can someone from the team please let us know if adding 1d4 damage being considered as 3 enchants rather then 1 for runes is a feature or a bug?

thanks!