Paladin can't craft Paladin armor

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators, Contributors

Hinapples

Paladin can't craft Paladin armor

Post by Hinapples » Fri May 24, 2019 4:02 pm

Continued from this thread: viewtopic.php?f=13&p=192719#p192719

My character took 1 level of Paladin but can't craft the Padded Vestment of the Holy Squire. I have all the materials, 42 Tailoring Skill which is 10 ranks higher than the requirement.

If the requirement is actually something like having at least 3 levels, having most of your levels in Paladin, or having to pick Paladin as your first class level, I think it would be nice to have that specified on the Wiki so people don't invest 20k in a resurrection scroll, 60k on a beljuril gem, and 40 ranks in tailoring thinking they will be able to craft this armor when they eventually dip into Paladin. If this is a bug with my character I'd appreciate any DM intervention to resolve the issue. Thanks.

Iceborn
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Paladin can't craft Paladin armor

Post by Iceborn » Fri May 24, 2019 4:58 pm

I'd like some input as well.
Though, if you want my bet, is that it asks for a minimum of 3 levels in order to prevent dip-crafting.
Misc Changes, with the Feats and Skills sublinks.
Available races
Spell Changes
Class Mechanics
Command Guide

Take a look before asking your questions!

Ebonstar

Post by Ebonstar » Fri May 24, 2019 5:42 pm

I agree with Iceborn, and you may have to have a pure paladin start it, like ranger runics need a a ranger to begin the item
Yes I can sign

Opustus

Post by Opustus » Fri May 24, 2019 6:46 pm

O frap. I have a character with 3 paladin levels who would be crafting that armor in exactly one level. I'll report my findings to you after I find out if I've shot myself in the friggin foot.
Characters: all poor babies suffering from neglect

Iceborn
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Iceborn » Fri May 24, 2019 7:03 pm

Ebonstar wrote:
Fri May 24, 2019 5:42 pm
I agree with Iceborn, and you may have to have a pure paladin start it, like ranger runics need a a ranger to begin the item
If that is the case, that definitely should have been written and reported. In the game the armor says '0 levels', which means that you only need at least one level of paladin to start the craft, rather than pure or majority-of-levels; There are other recipes, like the Ranger Runic Leathers that you mention, that explicitly mentioned how many levels they need to be crafted, and whether it's levels in a single class, or combined levels in druid/ranger.
Available races
Spell Changes
Class Mechanics
Command Guide

Hinapples

Post by Hinapples » Fri May 24, 2019 7:17 pm

Having to be a pure paladin to start production on the armor would be kind of absurd seeing as almost nobody plays a pure class without dipping on this server. If you look at the essential cookie cutter build guide there are only two pure class builds listed, those being the druid and the warlock. Every paladin build has some kind of dip. The Bardadin only has 4 paladin levels, same as the sorc/pally build I'm using. This really seems like a bug. If it's not then it is poorly explained both in game and on the wiki and should be corrected. I'd really appreciate it if a DM or a dev could clarify the exact requirements for crafting this armor. Resurrection scrolls and beljuril gems aren't exactly cheap.

Opustus

Post by Opustus » Fri May 24, 2019 7:18 pm

Yup, haves ta be Palsy3 to craft it at least. Yes we can! Now dear lords and ladies please for all that is good and holy don't let me roll a 1......... *praypraypray*
Characters: all poor babies suffering from neglect

Hinapples

Post by Hinapples » Fri May 24, 2019 7:25 pm

Thanks for the clarification.

Taerl

Post by Taerl » Fri May 24, 2019 8:04 pm

Taerl wrote:
Fri May 24, 2019 3:53 pm
Yea that's wierd. Unless it's because it's not the base class or need to have all 3 lvls in the class but never seen that before.
Ok, well now I've seen it.

Ebonstar

Post by Ebonstar » Fri May 24, 2019 8:39 pm

Hinapples wrote:
Fri May 24, 2019 7:17 pm
Having to be a pure paladin to start production on the armor would be kind of absurd seeing as almost nobody plays a pure class without dipping on this server. If you look at the essential cookie cutter build guide there are only two pure class builds listed, those being the druid and the warlock. Every paladin build has some kind of dip. The Bardadin only has 4 paladin levels, same as the sorc/pally build I'm using. This really seems like a bug. If it's not then it is poorly explained both in game and on the wiki and should be corrected. I'd really appreciate it if a DM or a dev could clarify the exact requirements for crafting this armor. Resurrection scrolls and beljuril gems aren't exactly cheap.
there are many pure classes out there, as not everyone is a class dipper. Two of my own chars are pure class for example while the third is a triple mix 19-6-5

there are also many pure paladins too
Yes I can sign

Hinapples

Post by Hinapples » Fri May 24, 2019 9:13 pm

Ebonstar wrote:
Fri May 24, 2019 8:39 pm
Hinapples wrote:
Fri May 24, 2019 7:17 pm
there are many pure classes out there, as not everyone is a class dipper. Two of my own chars are pure class for example while the third is a triple mix 19-6-5

there are also many pure paladins too
I honestly have to disagree based on my own experience. But a debate about this would best be had in the Feedback or the Builds & Mechanics sections. Feel free to start a thread there if you want to have that discussion. My crafting issue is hopefully resolved so this thread has served its purpose.

Iceborn
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Iceborn » Fri May 24, 2019 10:41 pm

I believe this thread has run its course.
Bug found, recipes need to be updated to reflect minimum of 3 class levels. Wiki could use the same update.
Available races
Spell Changes
Class Mechanics
Command Guide