Totem Druid: Desync if you immediately stealth when -polymorphing

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators, Contributors

Nevrus
Arelith Platinum Supporter
Arelith Platinum Supporter

Totem Druid: Desync if you immediately stealth when -polymorphing

Post by Nevrus » Tue May 07, 2019 6:45 am

Description of Bug Experienced:
I hit -polymorph and immediately stealthed before my character model returned. This resulted in my model/position and camera desyncing, and my model not appearing. The camera remained in the position it was in when I used the -polymorph command, and could not have its angle or position changed by any means, resulting in the camera not being centered on the character and the ability to move the character off-screen. I could walk around with an invisible model (position tracked by tab tooltip) and even get to an area transition, but the transition then infinitely hung because of the desync. I had to force close the program.

Steps to reproduce the Bug:
1. Log in with a totem druid.
2. Place Stealth on your quickbar in the F1 slot.
3. Type Polymorph.
4. Immediately press F1 while the transformation animation is in progress.
5. ---> The client's camera will desync and the model will be invisible, and you will be unable to transition zones.

Expected Result:
The camera should snap back to the character within one round.

Actual Result:
The client had to be closed completely in order to resolve the issue.

Additional Information/Notes
This is likely due to the client attempting to add a stealth shader to the model while it's disappeared during the transition. The model gets stuck with a stealth shader on an invisible model, which confuses the camera and interferes with loading the character into new areas.
Ganus- Riding the Isle (Active)
Aura Bigstep - Got Out Ahead (Retired)
Egos Ironhide - Shelved
Consult a medical professional before believing anything Nevrus says.