Monk bugs here we go

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs, Contributors

Astral

Monk bugs here we go

Post by Astral » Thu Apr 18, 2019 5:35 pm

So I'm greatful for the hard work of the team and I know this is all new and bugs are expected so I will start tossing them here as I find them.

I noticed I lose the movement speed bonus and the damage/ab bonus when I rest. possibly other things too. So I switched off my belt with weapon spec off and back on and it seemingly fixes all of that if I'm not missing something. Will keep you folks updated.
Currently playing: Seth Xylo

yellowcateyes
Project Lead
Project Lead

Re: Monk bugs here we go

Post by yellowcateyes » Thu Apr 18, 2019 5:42 pm

Thanks for the report. If you lose your passive monk bonuses for any reason, an inventory swap of any kind (re-equipping a weapon, for example) will restore them. Let us know if there are other circumstances in which the bonuses are lost.
Dinosaur Space Program is my working partner on Arelith-related projects. If my inbox is full or I take a while to get back to you, feel free to PM them questions or concerns.

Sea Shanties

Post by Sea Shanties » Thu Apr 18, 2019 9:11 pm

Question.. Is -twohand working on katana yet? Does it not work on small races?

Twily
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Post by Twily » Thu Apr 18, 2019 10:46 pm

On PGCC - Did not receive Epic Weapon Focuses at L26, nor Epic Specs likely as a result(when I manually toke EWF Katana, I was given EWSKatana)

yellowcateyes
Project Lead
Project Lead

Post by yellowcateyes » Thu Apr 18, 2019 11:53 pm

Twily wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2019 10:46 pm
On PGCC - Did not receive Epic Weapon Focuses at L26, nor Epic Specs likely as a result(when I manually toke EWF Katana, I was given EWSKatana)
A fix for this is in the pipeline.

ReverentBlade

Post by ReverentBlade » Fri Apr 19, 2019 1:47 am

Not sure if its related to the update, but Flurry of Blows seems to get stuck on when I use it. I can't toggle it back off. I have to turn on Power Attack and then turn that off to go back to normal mode.

The1Kobra

Post by The1Kobra » Fri Apr 19, 2019 2:01 am

It might be strictly related to spellsword/monks, but...

My Spellsword/Monk when wielding katanas gets the -3 AB iteration but does not get any extra attacks. This applies when single wielding a katana, and dual wielding two katanas.

yellowcateyes
Project Lead
Project Lead

Post by yellowcateyes » Fri Apr 19, 2019 2:09 am

ReverentBlade wrote:
Fri Apr 19, 2019 1:47 am
Not sure if its related to the update, but Flurry of Blows seems to get stuck on when I use it. I can't toggle it back off. I have to turn on Power Attack and then turn that off to go back to normal mode.
This is unrelated to anything packaged in the update. But we'll look into it.
The1Kobra wrote:
Fri Apr 19, 2019 2:01 am
It might be strictly related to spellsword/monks, but...

My Spellsword/Monk when wielding katanas gets the -3 AB iteration but does not get any extra attacks. This applies when single wielding a katana, and dual wielding two katanas.
A fix for Spellsword scripts properly recognizing club and katana as monk weapons is in the pipeline. Incidentally, as with kama, neither weapon will qualify for SS' free off-hand AC.
Dinosaur Space Program is my working partner on Arelith-related projects. If my inbox is full or I take a while to get back to you, feel free to PM them questions or concerns.

ReverentBlade

Post by ReverentBlade » Fri Apr 19, 2019 8:29 am

Confirming that resting turns off my speed.

Kalopsia
General Admin
General Admin

Post by Kalopsia » Fri Apr 19, 2019 4:20 pm

Seems like -twohand doesn't work for monks wielding katanas at the moment - at least on PGCC.
I'm getting no STR bonus damage.

Entering -twohand "enables" the mode, but the bonus damage still doesn't apply.

Another bug I've noticed is that pure monks seem to get all unarmed feats exept the regular weapon focus.

yellowcateyes
Project Lead
Project Lead

Post by yellowcateyes » Fri Apr 19, 2019 4:44 pm

Astral wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2019 5:35 pm
I noticed I lose the movement speed bonus and the damage/ab bonus when I rest. possibly other things too. So I switched off my belt with weapon spec off and back on and it seemingly fixes all of that if I'm not missing something. Will keep you folks updated.
ReverentBlade wrote:
Fri Apr 19, 2019 8:29 am
Confirming that resting turns off my speed.
Kalopsia wrote:
Fri Apr 19, 2019 4:20 pm
Seems like -twohand doesn't work for monks wielding katanas at the moment - at least on PGCC.
I'm getting no STR bonus damage.

Entering -twohand "enables" the mode, but the bonus damage still doesn't apply.
Fixes for these bugs are in the pipeline.

Astral

Post by Astral » Sat Apr 20, 2019 3:04 pm

May not be related but weight capacity is not increased by 50% as it should be.

RogueUnicorn

Post by RogueUnicorn » Sat Apr 20, 2019 7:33 pm

Not sure if this bug has been identified yet, but my Kensai Monk has a weird attack progression with Flurry of Blows. Seems to be +11/+11/+6, when it should probably be +11/+11/+11. If you throw Cleave into this mix, it gets even worse. -5 on one of my attacks, even. Thanks for checking this out.

https://i.imgur.com/nxOEw6P.png

https://i.imgur.com/JjhuebB.png

https://i.imgur.com/yH3mmiP.png

RedGiant

Post by RedGiant » Sun Apr 21, 2019 2:43 am

Will confirm sticky flurry of blows.

Also, I fought Wharftown Boys Archers for an hour...deflect arrows seems to be completely nonfunctional. I should havea 75% chance of making the save. I am not even seeing the check made, nor the deflect graphic, nor even, of course, the deflection.

Can also confirm Kensai weirdness. With flurry of blows on with +15/+12, I see the following attack bonuses: 15, 12, 15, 10. Seems the extra Kensai attack is occurring at -5 instead of full BAB.

Edit*: Tried it without Arelith Overrides and the numbers were all over the map...seemingly: 15, 12, 17, 10.
15 proper flurry AB
12 prober flurry AB dip
17 improper full BaB
10 improper Kensai -5 pts AB dip?

I dunno....
The GrumpyCat wrote:I CLICK THE HOSTIBLE BUTTON NOW U ARE DED!
Irongron wrote:The slaughter, i am afraid, will not abate.

Twily
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Post by Twily » Sun Apr 21, 2019 7:56 pm

The -5 AB progression is because of how NWN handles extra attacks.
At it's core, this is a Bioware bug that should be reported to Beamdog, and Arelith may or may not be capable of adding a work around.

You have your base attack progression listed on the character sheet, this follows the -3.
Any 'extra' attack added are added next to each other, and don't follow the monks -3 progression.

For example, if your attack progression is 30/27/24/21/18, and you're Kensai, have Flurry of blows active, and are hasted, the combat log would show something along the lines of: 30/27/24/21/18 + 30/25/20 for the three extra attacks.
----------------------------------
There is a bug with extra free attacks though, most visible while in Flurry of Blows and landing an attack of opportunity, this completely breaks the AB progression entirely.

You attack: your first flurry is 30/27/24. You attack of opportunity before your second flurry. Your remaining attacks are now something along the lines of 21/16/11/6/1/-4, fixing itself once you start your next round.

I may be slightly incorrect on the exact numbers and when each one happens- I don't have a character I can test this effect at higher levels with though, so if someone wants to experiment and post their results here feel free.

I find this issue is mostly avoided when not using flurry of blows, although I have been wanting to test if Cleave also triggers this problem.

As a separate bug:

When equipping a weapon that doesn't benefit from the monk AB bonus, the monk AB bonus is removed.
Once unequipped, the bonus doesn't re-apply until you either re-equip your gloves or take out and put away a weapon that does qualify for the AB bonus.

Astral

Post by Astral » Mon Apr 22, 2019 6:50 pm

Astral wrote:
Sat Apr 20, 2019 3:04 pm
May not be related but weight capacity is not increased by 50% as it should be.
Consider this one my mistake. apparently I didnt count the str properly and I was beyond the cap in which the 50% bonus does not take place anymore.

Another thing I noticed is my fist monk does not get ab/damage from bard song. I believe he's supposed to get +2 ab and +3 damage, which is equal to what he gets from Ki +5. Maybe they do not stack properly as they should?

yellowcateyes
Project Lead
Project Lead

Post by yellowcateyes » Tue Apr 23, 2019 6:12 pm

Astral wrote:
Mon Apr 22, 2019 6:50 pm
Another thing I noticed is my fist monk does not get ab/damage from bard song. I believe he's supposed to get +2 ab and +3 damage, which is equal to what he gets from Ki +5. Maybe they do not stack properly as they should?
Are you getting this from the combat log or the character sheet? The character sheet, unfortunately, doesn't accurately show the effects of certain buffs on attack bonus.

Astral

Post by Astral » Tue Apr 23, 2019 6:20 pm

Getting this from the character sheet. Did not test it in combat yet but I do remember seeing bardsong buffs in character sheet before monk rework and the bonuses from Ki. So should we assume they stack even if we dont see it in the character sheet? I will test it soon tho.

EDIT: Tested and I can confirm there was +2 ab from an invisible source that doesnt show on the character sheet. Still kind of annoying to deal with invisible sources but at least the bonus is there.

I also tested Prayer scroll and the bonus ab is invisible from that one as well (the damage shows on the sheet because it's Slashing). Basically it means all temporary spells with ab bonus and Bludgeoning damage bonus will be invisible because of the Ki bonus. If you can fix that somehow I would personally be very happy.

RedGiant

Post by RedGiant » Mon Apr 29, 2019 4:32 pm

Update.

Deflect arrows works fine, it was either a one night thing or likely some consequence of massively relevelling my old monk.

Still getting oddness on flurry numbers and Kensai numbers.

Still have sticky flurry of blows, meaning if you press on it again, it does not relent. Only way to fix is change combat mode or weapons.
The GrumpyCat wrote:I CLICK THE HOSTIBLE BUTTON NOW U ARE DED!
Irongron wrote:The slaughter, i am afraid, will not abate.

Astral

Post by Astral » Wed May 08, 2019 3:53 pm

Slashing bonus damage that is granted by -twohand katana is reported in the character sheet after the katana is unequipped. Hard to test in game if it's just a character sheet bug like the rest of the character sheet bugs or if it's actually sticking.

yellowcateyes
Project Lead
Project Lead

Post by yellowcateyes » Wed May 08, 2019 8:22 pm

A fix for monk bonuses not automatically re-applying after de-equipping a non-monk weapon is now in the pipeline. In the meantime, re-equipping any item will restore your bonuses.

Astral

Post by Astral » Fri May 10, 2019 3:15 am

yellowcateyes wrote:
Wed May 08, 2019 8:22 pm
A fix for monk bonuses not automatically re-applying after de-equipping a non-monk weapon is now in the pipeline. In the meantime, re-equipping any item will restore your bonuses.
I dont know if you write this in response to my post above but maybe I should clarify.

My monk has, for example, 30 str. Thats +10 mod. When I equip 1 katana I get +5 slashing damage from -twohand mode. This bonus does not disapear when I unequipped the katana and I'm unarmed.

Ebonstar

Post by Ebonstar » Fri May 10, 2019 3:23 am

Astral wrote:
Fri May 10, 2019 3:15 am
yellowcateyes wrote:
I dont know if you write this in response to my post above but maybe I should clarify.

My monk has, for example, 30 str. Thats +10 mod. When I equip 1 katana I get +5 slashing damage from -twohand mode. This bonus does not disapear when I unequipped the katana and I'm unarmed.
Im getting the same on the char sheet, but cannot tell if it applies to actual combat
Yes I can sign

Astral

Post by Astral » Fri May 10, 2019 3:30 am

Ebonstar wrote:
Fri May 10, 2019 3:23 am
Astral wrote:
Fri May 10, 2019 3:15 am
yellowcateyes wrote:

Im getting the same on the char sheet, but cannot tell if it applies to actual combat
Yes. This one is nearly impossible to test through combat log when your unarmed dice is d20.

xanrael

Post by xanrael » Fri May 10, 2019 10:23 pm

This is a bit of an odd one that I couldn't recreate.

Pure monk, level 8, using fists, was being guarded by a party member. Had on a helm that had 5/- cold resist and switched to a helm that had +1 deflection AC right as a party member entered combat. Lost my wisdom bonus to AC and about 8-9 to attack. Could still flurry, toggle on expertise, etc. Switching gear (to a dagger and back to unarmed, changing out the helms again, etc) didn't fix it but a relog did. At the time I didn't have a monk specific weapon like a kama to see if equipping that would fix it.

Couldn't really tell if the AC loss was real as nothing swung at me, but the combat log certainly showed the loss to attack.