Books and Book Bags - Weight Reduction resets

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs, Contributors

Zaravella
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Books and Book Bags - Weight Reduction resets

Post by Zaravella » Mon Apr 15, 2019 3:03 pm

I observed the bug on language Phrasebooks specifically. I used a "Phrasebook: Xanalress" and a crafted Book Bag.

Phrasebooks weigh 6 lbs. at default. I wanted to reduce the weight so I can fit a lot of phrasebooks into a book bag (which has a capacity of about 105.5 lb.) So, I put the "Phrasebook: Xanalress" in an Enchanting Basin to reduce it's weight 20% down to 1.2 lbs. - this cost about 250 gold.

Then I used the "Book Bag" and put this weight-reduced phrasebook in. But when took it out again - the phrasebook would go back to it's 6 lb weight - it resets the weight back to its default weight.

I think this is a bug.

Thanks in advance for your help.
"Power is not revealed by striking hard or striking often; But by striking true."
-Honore de Balzac-

The Rambling Midget
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Re: Books and Book Bags - Weight Reduction resets

Post by The Rambling Midget » Mon Apr 15, 2019 3:48 pm

It's a "feature". When you put a book in the book bag, the item is destroyed and its "relevant" properties (like name and description) are saved in a database, and then when you take it back out, a new item is created with those properties. Like a fixture, it doesn't save enchanted item properties, so they'll be lost whenever the item is stored by such means.
The Beginner's Guide to Factions
New to Arelith? Read this!
This is not a single player game. -Mithreas
You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life. -Winston Churchill