Shadow plane

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators, Contributors

Skeletor
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Shadow plane

Post by Skeletor » Thu Mar 21, 2019 10:24 pm

I'm reporting this as a bug, not a suggestion. Maybe it's my graphic's settings, but there is always a terrible FPS drop in the wilderness areas of the shadow plane due to the vast amount of smoke there is.

I know it looks hella kool with the new mods, but could it be toned down? It just makes it kind of unplayable for me, and i used to love those areas!

thanks!

Ebonstar

Re: Shadow plane

Post by Ebonstar » Thu Mar 21, 2019 10:57 pm

check your settings
Yes I can sign

Rigela

Post by Rigela » Thu Mar 21, 2019 11:59 pm

It's awful for me too, no matter what I do with my settings. Combat, moving. All becomes an absolute chore, when pretty much fine 99% of the time elsewhere.
Isabella Isherwood - Priestess of Selune
Piper Barley - Joybringer of Lliira

Niffie

Post by Niffie » Fri Mar 22, 2019 1:15 am

Ebonstar wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2019 10:57 pm
check your settings
I literally tried putting all my settings to the lowest possible in those laggy areas. Virtually no difference.

Drowble Oh Seven

Post by Drowble Oh Seven » Sat Mar 23, 2019 4:50 am

I'm the same. Can't go there without my PC exploding. Which is a shame, because it's an awesome area!

BHR55
Contributor
Contributor

Post by BHR55 » Mon Apr 01, 2019 4:36 pm

As nice as the override/Hak fog effects looked. I removed them and noticed a significant performance improvement with the stock/default Game fog making the areas much more playable.

Having an SSD also makes a huge difference in loading times of those areas, but I also don't use HDDs for anything but Long Term backups anymore.

TimeAdept

Post by TimeAdept » Mon Apr 01, 2019 10:53 pm

This is EE doing this with its new rendering engine, and is not fixable short of arelith removing the fog, or EE getting its junk together.

One of these is gonna happen way before the other btw

Cerk Evermoore

Post by Cerk Evermoore » Mon Apr 01, 2019 11:15 pm

I think this is an excellent point, and the shadow plains could certainly use some help. Perhaps even a registry agent, given the size and scope and varying levels of monsters in the zone.

BHR55
Contributor
Contributor

Post by BHR55 » Tue Apr 02, 2019 4:10 pm

This is slightly off topic from the Lag/FPS issues people are experiencing with the plane itself.

However since this is feedback on the zone in question: I would like to see the Shadow Merchants actually buy/sell various junk and items. There is a whole row of them, that just sort of stare at you presently. Perhaps the Priest of Shar in the temple could buy/sell scrolls(pretty sure he does not currently but I could be mistaken)?

Nothing grand but it would be a nice quality of life change in my opinion, for those of us that try to actually use the zones and have no interest in returning to the prime/reality.

BHR55
Contributor
Contributor

Post by BHR55 » Tue Apr 02, 2019 4:18 pm

Cerk Evermoore wrote:
Mon Apr 01, 2019 11:15 pm
I think this is an excellent point, and the shadow plains could certainly use some help. Perhaps even a registry agent, given the size and scope and varying levels of monsters in the zone.
Given this is a FOIG area, I think I would prefer not having a registry agent that tells people where to go and what to do there without having discovered it on their own. Unless the agent was tied to say actual Shadow mages, Dancers, Parties interested in discovering the Occult, <other relevant tie ins here>.
I think this would just drive more 'Crusades' through there, pushing out the residents further in a OOC way. Not to say a group of people can't get together and have a crusade/parade/patrol through there on their own IC agenda. I just don't think having an agent to encourage grinding the content there for general consumption would look great in practice.
And this is coming from someone who would have benefited from having an agent present there at one point. YMMV.