Drunk barbarian Dex bug

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators, Contributors

Sartain

Drunk barbarian Dex bug

Post by Sartain » Wed Mar 20, 2019 6:46 pm

Looks like there's something off with the drunk barbarian bonus, at least comparing it to the wiki. Maybe it's just drinking in general and not specific to the barbarian class.

Wiki states:

"When reaching a negative sobriety, the barbarian gets a bonus of +2 to their STR. At next tick the bonus rises to +5"

This seems to be working as intended.

Wiki also states:

"...getting a sobriety of -10,0% - 0,01 % means a DEX decrease of 2, is sobriety -20,0% - 10,1% the DEX decrease is 4 etc etc.
For every tick in negative sobriety the Decrease stacks. for example having a sobriety at -15% for one tick would mean a DEX decrease of 8.
"

This does not seem to work as described. The inital -2 to dex seems to be working alright but the second tick only gives an addition -1 dex and not -2 as stated in the wiki.

Another issue I ran into, that I'm not sure how happened, is that when drunk and fighting the undead of ghostwood, any sort of ability drain from them would immediately drop my Dex to 3, from one single hit. Usually, their ability drains don't even target Dex (as far as I remember) and they definitely don't give a 10+ ability drain even if they did. I suspect the code for drunk and ability somehow conflicts.

Wiki also states: "Any change to any meter (rest, drink, rest) will remove bonus STR when the barbarian is sober. " which I assume is just poor wording because in fact any change to any meter will also remove the bonus when drunk.

TL;DR: Drinking stat bonuses and penalties + documention seem a hot mess ;)