Lose domain spells from spell book.

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators, Contributors

NicholasDeLeone

Lose domain spells from spell book.

Post by NicholasDeLeone » Wed Mar 20, 2019 1:44 am

Description
==========
Everytime I log out or crash I lose the spells I get from Animal and Magic Domains. I can reselect them to be memorized for my next rest, but they are taken out of what is currently memorized / played for. It started after logging from my current character (Kitiara Moriarty) to my Cordor one (Nicholas DeLeone) though has grown to essentially happen every time I log out. This is not the simple loss of spells in the last slot, these spells are scattered amongst various places in the various applicable levels.

Steps to reproduce
----------------------------
Have spells memorized in your book from the animal and magic domain and have game crash, or log out of character then reopen book.

Expected result
-----------------------
Spells should be same as they were when logged off.

Actual result
-------------------
Spells are missing from their respective memorized spots.
Screenshot(s)
--------------------

(Edit) Here is a picture of my spellbook how it normally is (I am taking lack of sleep penalties yes but those are physical not mental and this is a picture of the spell book correct the above one is what happens during the glitch.)

Notes
---------

Nulstarius

Re: Lose domain spells from spell book.

Post by Nulstarius » Thu Mar 21, 2019 1:38 pm

One of those forever bugs we've had.

The good news is you can get around it by using the "saved spellbooks" as a cleric. It's a pain to play a cleric without. And a super handy tool anyway for having a spellbook ready for undead or whatever and you can make small variations then after selecting the spellbook you want and before resting.

I haven't lost a spell to this in years. Embrace the saved spellbooks option.

Edit1: I can see from the screenshot you seem to be using the spellbook option, but it may have to stay saved with a reset. I just remember I had the same issue ages ago, and spellbooks fixed it.

Edit2:Now I'm starting to remember better I think. Your domain spells must be saved with the spellbook option for them. So if you say got a spellbook saved without domain spells and you add them manually after it tends to bug to memory. Also double click the "replace saved spellbook with current" it seems to go wonky on domain spells if you don't double save it sometimes.

It really should work. My present cleric is fine.
Imagination is more important than knowledge. - Albert Einstein.