Ranger Skill Points II: Electric Boogaloo

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators, Contributors

Drowble Oh Seven

Ranger Skill Points II: Electric Boogaloo

Post by Drowble Oh Seven » Sat Mar 16, 2019 7:22 am

Description of Bug Experienced:
Failed to receive correct number of skillpoints points on a drow ranger created way back in September '17. I've been sitting on the bug for a while as I levelled in the hope that the missing skill points would eventually appear. I'm now a 26 Ranger / 2 Rogue, with no trace of the ten missing skill points.

Steps to reproduce the Bug:
Unknown. The character was made before the changes to character creation that awarded correct skillpoints for characters whose INT was adjusted due to gifts/race.

Expected Result:
314 total skillpoints as a 26 Ranger / 2 Rogue with 18 starting INT [16 Base + 2 Drow].

Actual Result:
304 skillpoints.

Additional Information/Notes
I suspect the bug's been corrected for new characters with the character creation changes, but it'd be wonderful to get some help on getting it fixed for an existing character. Please help me sate my ravenous hunger for skill points.

Drowble Oh Seven

Re: Ranger Skill Points II: Electric Boogaloo

Post by Drowble Oh Seven » Tue Mar 19, 2019 3:17 am

As a (slightly baffling) addendum, ESF: Listen also seems to have appeared on my character sheet. What's particularly strange is that I don't even meet the prerequisites for it.

Xerah

Post by Xerah » Tue Mar 19, 2019 4:29 am

Do you have ESF Spot by chance?
Katernin Bersk, Chancellor of Divination; Kerri Amblecrown, Paladin of Milil; Xull'kacha Auvry'rae, Redcap Fey-pacted; Sadia yr Thuravya el Bhirax, Priestess of Umberlee; Lissa Whitehorn, Archmage of Artifice

Drowble Oh Seven

Post by Drowble Oh Seven » Tue Mar 19, 2019 4:45 am

I do!

Xerah

Post by Xerah » Tue Mar 19, 2019 4:51 am

Um, perhaps it's not a bug.
Katernin Bersk, Chancellor of Divination; Kerri Amblecrown, Paladin of Milil; Xull'kacha Auvry'rae, Redcap Fey-pacted; Sadia yr Thuravya el Bhirax, Priestess of Umberlee; Lissa Whitehorn, Archmage of Artifice

Drowble Oh Seven

Post by Drowble Oh Seven » Tue Mar 19, 2019 5:53 am

Are these detection buffs I see?

Seriously though, that's super neat. I just got confused when I couldn't find any mention of it in the announcements thread.