Vendors & Stacked items

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs, Contributors

Finnigan

Vendors & Stacked items

Post by Finnigan » Thu Mar 07, 2019 11:50 pm

I saw a post in the suggestion forums that probably belongs here.

viewtopic.php?f=15&t=16281&p=136671&hil ... rs#p136671

I encountered this same bug with stingers. 1 sells for 120, a stack of 36 sells for 265... You lose a TON of money if you don't take them apart to sell them.

TimeAdept

Re: Vendors & Stacked items

Post by TimeAdept » Fri Mar 08, 2019 3:51 am

Not possible to fix without upping the general buy ceiling of vendors, which will also allow things like +2 weapons to be sold for thousands of gold as an individual item, massively inflating gold income across the server.

Finnigan

Post by Finnigan » Fri Mar 08, 2019 7:28 pm

I'm not a coder, but i understand the basics, and functions can be over-ridden to do different things, in different situations. Without looking at the actual code, I'll take your word for it, though i would think it would be as simple as:

if item is stacked
count each item-> multiply by value;
give player value;
if item is not stacked
if value > max_value
value = max_value
give player value;

Or by putting them in a bag, like the jewelry one, that allows you to sell multiple items for over the cap of a single item.

TimeAdept

Post by TimeAdept » Sat Mar 09, 2019 5:57 am

I gues you could add stinger quills to the stuff you could add to a hunting bag, but there's no NPC that mass buys out of hunting bags, so it wouldn't accomplish too much.

Finnigan

Post by Finnigan » Sat Mar 09, 2019 6:05 am

Or another solution could possibly be to turn the collection of items into a repeatable quest, similar to writs, but unlimited per day?

Turn in 10 stingers for 1100 gold (you lose some for convenience, but still worth it)

A special vendor that takes those special stackable items, only in stacks of 5, 10, 25, 50, or 100.
Better rewards the more you turn in at once? Expandable to other items in the same boat?

*shrugs*

Durvayas
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Post by Durvayas » Sat Mar 09, 2019 8:00 pm

TimeAdept wrote:
Sat Mar 09, 2019 5:57 am
I gues you could add stinger quills to the stuff you could add to a hunting bag, but there's no NPC that mass buys out of hunting bags, so it wouldn't accomplish too much.
I think it'd be a great QoL improvement if you could ask a settlement quartermaster to mass buy out your hunting bags.
Plays: Durvayas(deleted), Marco(deleted), Hounynrae(NPC), Sinithra Auvry'ndal(rolled), Rauvlin Barrith(Active), Madeline Clavelle(Shelved)