Porting issue between Servers. (Not the usual issue)

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators, Contributors

Jeloran

Porting issue between Servers. (Not the usual issue)

Post by Jeloran » Sun Jan 20, 2019 10:26 pm

Hello,
I am presently having an issue with porting between servers and its different from the typical porting issue. It is also existing beyond server resets. Whenever I attempt to port to a different server it will continue to cycle and load me into the same area over and over again. If I then log off and login to the other server, it will load me where I last was on the other server.

I will give an example of what I mean.

I am in the Cordor frontier and attempting to enter the Cordor outskirts. It repeatedly loads me into the outskirts when I attempt to go through the transition. If I logout and login on the Cities and planes server, I then load into the Cordor sewers where I last was then.

Another example was after the server reset. When I logged in I was at the server entrance and took the Cities and planes portal. I arrived in Cordor and attempted to take a boat to the crows nest. Again it looped and loaded me back where I previously was. When I logged out and went to the surface server, I was then placed back in the Cordor Frontier where I had last been on the surface server.

This is all for my character Kraddor Smeltbane.

Thanks in advance for looking into this.

LittleWeasel
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Re: Porting issue between Servers. (Not the usual issue)

Post by LittleWeasel » Fri Jan 25, 2019 7:03 am

Your current location is at the moment saved as Cordor, Cultural District. Is this where you last logged out from?

Also ... try typing -save regularly when entering (or before leaving) an area. That should also renew and save your location.

Let me know if the issues persist, please.

Thanks
LW
Don't take Life too seriously - you'll never get out of it alive...
Mind over Matter... now that I don't have a mind, it doesn't matter...
Ware the Wrath of the Weasel:
*nibble*
*cluck*