Piety gain lowered

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs, Contributors

strong yeet

Piety gain lowered

Post by strong yeet » Fri Jan 18, 2019 1:52 pm

Piety from all sources available to my char (namely, war&destruction/nature from killing outsiders & the free blackguard piety) seems to have lowered itself by half or close to it. I only get 0.3% piety for killing mobs, 0.6% from outsiders/abberants/undead/etc. And my BG piety has gone down to 1.0% from 2.0%

Xerah

Re: Piety gain lowered

Post by Xerah » Fri Jan 18, 2019 5:00 pm

Not a bug. Tinkering with the numbers on the optimal piety gainers.

K&I = 0.5 for identifying (there is still one place where this may not work yet)
magic = 0.1/0.2/0.3% for spell lvl 1-3/4-6/7-9
War & Nature = 0.3% instead of 0.5% on death

Druids added to tick piety
Tick piety changed from 1/2/3% to 0/1/3%
Katernin Bersk, Chancellor of Divination; Kerri Amblecrown, Paladin of Milil; Xull'kacha Auvry'rae, Redcap Fey-pacted; Sadia yr Thuravya el Bhirax, Priestess of Umberlee; Lissa Whitehorn, Archmage of Artifice

strong yeet

Post by strong yeet » Thu Jan 24, 2019 1:17 am

Xerah wrote:
Fri Jan 18, 2019 5:00 pm
Not a bug. Tinkering with the numbers on the optimal piety gainers.

K&I = 0.5 for identifying (there is still one place where this may not work yet)
magic = 0.1/0.2/0.3% for spell lvl 1-3/4-6/7-9
War & Nature = 0.3% instead of 0.5% on death

Druids added to tick piety
Tick piety changed from 1/2/3% to 0/1/3%
Oh, I see. Why did you decide to lower tick piety? I thought that was an excellent change. I don't have a problem with war being lowered, it's still probably the easiest way to get piety. Magic being changed is a great idea, K&I identifying stuff as well.

Also since this isn't a bug (oops) could someone move this to feedback please?

Freyason

Post by Freyason » Thu Jan 24, 2019 11:00 pm

My K&I characters have high lore so everything is auto-ided, they should be getting piety on this or not?

Xerah

Post by Xerah » Thu Jan 24, 2019 11:20 pm

No, not yet. Just the ones that you ID yourself, the auto IDs aren't working yet.
Katernin Bersk, Chancellor of Divination; Kerri Amblecrown, Paladin of Milil; Xull'kacha Auvry'rae, Redcap Fey-pacted; Sadia yr Thuravya el Bhirax, Priestess of Umberlee; Lissa Whitehorn, Archmage of Artifice

Xerah

Post by Xerah » Thu Jan 24, 2019 11:21 pm

strong yeet wrote:
Thu Jan 24, 2019 1:17 am
Oh, I see. Why did you decide to lower tick piety? I thought that was an excellent change. I don't have a problem with war being lowered, it's still probably the easiest way to get piety. Magic being changed is a great idea, K&I identifying stuff as well.

Also since this isn't a bug (oops) could someone move this to feedback please?
It was one of the aspects that seemed to trivialize the system--if you get too much, then it doesn't matter. But things are still being tinkered.