bundle crafting items

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators, Contributors

Ebonstar

bundle crafting items

Post by Ebonstar » Fri Jan 18, 2019 5:38 am

Arrows and other like items always when trying to use barter triggers the pickpocket failure script to be listed in the combat log and the items are returned to the original owner. A few times it even made us hostile to each other but not always

They can be given a second time without this happening, but sometimes your in a hurry and do not check or there is alot of language logging at the same time and you miss the message you fail to notice until you try to use what you received and its just not there

now it isnt the bundle itself, but the actual ammo after its been run through a template or just breaking it out to use without enhancement

The same ammo also is tagged as stolen even if created by the toon

Is this by design or just something that was overlooked?
Yes I can sign

Pyracantha

Re: bundle crafting items

Post by Pyracantha » Fri Jan 18, 2019 9:30 pm

Yep, just had this happen as well. Never saw it before and didn't try a second time with the same bundle, so the barter never happened. Can't think why it would be intentional.

In this case it was a stack of 500 template-crafted damask arrows. I have a screen cap if needed.

Anatida
General Admin
General Admin

Re: bundle crafting items

Post by Anatida » Sat Jan 19, 2019 3:17 am

Marking it as stolen may have been to prevent selling it to NPC merchants for exorbitant amounts of gold. Sounds like this needs to be handled a different way.

My pronouns are: She/Her/That *itch