I'm assuming you don't reimburse eq. but going to ask anyway

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs, Contributors

Nikko
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

I'm assuming you don't reimburse eq. but going to ask anyway

Post by Nikko » Fri Jan 11, 2019 8:21 am

I had something drop out if inventory and just picked it up and made sure it would quickslot and I could equip and unequip it before I left the area. Next time I portalled it just gave me the You lost{that item you dropped} message.

I can remake it and I have screenshot of the description so not end of the world. This has happened before with a mithril shields before so I should have known it was an issue. I just learned that you have to relog if this happens to makes sure the items sticks before you transition.

Had this not been a gift that helped me get freed from the underdark with a custom description, not to mention a m.damask sword.. probably just write this off as my stupidity for not knowing what to do sooner...

I'm not sure what I'm asking, just pointing out I'm stupid I guess. I don't actually expect you to return it. Just felt bad and wanted tell someone I guess.

Vicko Tannel, First Knight of Darrowdeep
You know there was always that one kid in your class that maybe liked horses a little too much? That's him.

Disciprine Come From Within

Re: I'm assuming you don't reimburse eq. but going to ask anyway

Post by Disciprine Come From Within » Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:20 am

For the future when you have a really valuable item fall on the floor, I've found the best safety net is to log off for about 10 minutes and then log back in.

Seekeepeek

Post by Seekeepeek » Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:45 am

just relog, you don't have to wait 10 mins.

The GrumpyCat
Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master

Post by The GrumpyCat » Fri Jan 11, 2019 11:32 am

If the item is 'stuck' on the floor, then , and as a DM I am there and present to see it's stuck on the floor, then sometimes I will refund.

However that's only if I can see the -proof- of the lost item. If there is no proof, then I cannot in good concience refund it. In this case, I'm afraid it's gone. Sorry.
This too shall pass.

(I now have a DM Discord (I hope) It's DM GrumpyCat#7185 but please keep in mind I'm very busy IRL so I can't promise how quick I'll get back to you.)

Zapnl

Post by Zapnl » Fri Jan 11, 2019 4:51 pm

Is the loss not logged?

Nikko
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Post by Nikko » Fri Jan 11, 2019 4:59 pm

Zapnl wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 4:51 pm
Is the loss not logged?
I'm guessing DMs running down the logs for every little item loss would drive them insane.

Thanks everyone. I wish I had known that relogging would fix. Should have asked the time it happened to a mithril shield and not waited for it to happen to m.damask custom item.

Live and learn.
Vicko Tannel, First Knight of Darrowdeep
You know there was always that one kid in your class that maybe liked horses a little too much? That's him.