Ogre dual weilding bug

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs, Contributors

Kaymon24

Ogre dual weilding bug

Post by Kaymon24 » Thu Jan 10, 2019 12:26 am

Hello. Since Ogre's have such a massive size they have treated medium weapons as small weapons and large weapons as medium weapons with two-handed mode applicable to them all. I have a ranger ogre so he can dual wield. You can't see the other weapon in the off hand when two weapons are equipped with a ogre (there may not be a way to fix this. Unsure). Also, there is at least one medium weapon that is not being treated as small on my ogre and that is the light flail. I cannot equip any large weapon with it in the offhand when I can equip most other medium weapons in the offhand with a large weapon on the ogre. As of right now, I see the light flail being bugged but there may be other weapons that are bugged with this as well. Does anyone else have this issue with their ogre? Is there a way to fix this bug?

If a admin/dm have any questions regarding details to this bug, feel free to either PM me on forums, in game, or to this fourm. Thanks!

Baron Saturday

Re: Ogre dual weilding bug

Post by Baron Saturday » Thu Jan 10, 2019 1:45 am

Light flails and morningstars can't be used in the off-hand by any characters. This is a base NWN limitation.

As for visible weapons in the off-hand, this is almost certainly because ogres have no two-weapon fighting animation. While this could probably be added with haks, I imagine it is a very, very low priority.
Rolled: Helene d'Arque, Sara Lyonall
Shelved: Kels Vetian, Cin ys'Andalis, Saul Haidt
Playing: Oshe Jordain

Kaymon24

Re: Ogre dual weilding bug

Post by Kaymon24 » Fri Jan 11, 2019 1:23 am

Ah ok. Thanks for clearing that up.