Wild Elf Subrace

Pyracantha

Wild Elf Subrace

Post by Pyracantha » Tue Jan 08, 2019 1:36 pm

Not sure if this is a bug or just incorrect documentation.

The Wild Elf subrace, according to the Mechanical Changes post and the Wiki, should get +2 DEX, -2 INT. But in reality the stat change is +2 CON rather than +2 DEX. Combined with Toughness feat, this makes for one robust Elf. If that is the intent, the documentation needs updating.

Rigela

Re: Wild Elf Subrace

Post by Rigela » Tue Jan 08, 2019 4:48 pm

Elves already get +2 dex, so you don't see a change in that.

They do however normally lose 2 con, and the wild elves lose 2 int instead, so you see it as a gain in 2 con.
Isabella Isherwood - Priestess of Selune
Piper Barley - Joybringer of Lliira

Pyracantha

Post by Pyracantha » Tue Jan 08, 2019 8:12 pm

Hi Rigela,

When I created a character in NWN, but before the Arelith subrace menu, my test Elf character had 13 con, 13 int, 13 dex. After choosing Wild Elf in the subrace menu, my character had 15 con, 11 int, 13 dex.

According to the wiki and the Mechanical Changes forum post, the Wild Elf Arelith subrace adjustment should increase dex, not con.

So it appears to me that either the subrace is broken or the documentation is broken.

Note: the Wild Elf subrace DID grant Toughness feat for free and all the other changes were as documented. It was only the dex increase that didn't work as documented.

The Rambling Midget
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Post by The Rambling Midget » Tue Jan 08, 2019 8:18 pm

Pyracantha wrote:
Tue Jan 08, 2019 8:12 pm
When I created a character in NWN, but before the Arelith subrace menu, my test Elf character had 13 con, 13 int, 13 dex. After choosing Wild Elf in the subrace menu, my character had 15 con, 11 int, 13 dex.

According to the wiki and the Mechanical Changes forum post, the Wild Elf Arelith subrace adjustment should increase dex, not con.

So it appears to me that either the subrace is broken or the documentation is broken.
Statistic Modifiers: Dex +2, Int -2 [This shows the cumulative modification from base values.]
Changes On Selection: (Int -2, Con +2) [This shows the modification from what you see at NWN character creation.]

So, when you chose Wild Elf during Arelith character creation, your INT was lowered by 2 and your CON was raised by 2, just as the Wiki states.

13 Dex + 0 = 13
13 Con + 2 = 15
13 Int - 2 = 11
The Beginner's Guide to Factions
New to Arelith? Read this!
This is not a single player game. -Mithreas
You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life. -Winston Churchill

Pyracantha

Post by Pyracantha » Tue Jan 08, 2019 10:17 pm

Ah, understood - I withdraw the comment.