The firewall of extreem fire.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs, Contributors

Nobs

The firewall of extreem fire.

Post by Nobs » Sat Jan 05, 2019 10:52 pm

I dont know what i did to make this happen but i often stack 2 wall or even 3 to 4 to beat up some undead.
Then this happend.

https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ ... B13F3FAC6/

Fionn

Re: The firewall of extreem fire.

Post by Fionn » Sun Jan 06, 2019 6:34 am

https://www.youtube.com/ watch?v=yfk-a1JZMbU
~~~~~~
Badger
Wynn
RIP: Paddy

Aelryn Bloodmoon
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Post by Aelryn Bloodmoon » Mon Jan 07, 2019 5:51 am

AoE's of the same type should no longer stack- maybe something in that bit of code that invalidates the same spell stacking with it combines their damage totals into one roll under specific conditions, AND/OR the bit of coding that alters the damage the spell deals to undead is interacting with it?

I'll try to replicate this with my true flame to see if we can make this easier to track down!

Were you using any metamagic feats on your Wall of Fire casts?
Bane's tyranny is known throughout the continent, and his is the image most seen as the face of evil.
-Faiths and Pantheons (c)2002

Nobs

Post by Nobs » Mon Jan 07, 2019 6:02 am

Normaly the walls do normal damage even though i stack 4 of them they just all hit 1 time when a monster passes it.

Nitro

Post by Nitro » Mon Jan 07, 2019 11:20 am

Firewall is one of the few area spells that does stack with itself, and has done so since the changes to persistent area spells.
All persistent area spells, such as Cloud of Bewilderment and Stinking Cloud, do not stack with themselves. When the same spell is casted it will be replaced and refreshed. However:

Different area spells may be stacked.
Same spell by different caster stacks.
The same spell may be casted away from 50% of the center of the AoE radius, allowing a section where they can overlap, and hit twice.
Blade Barrier and Wall of Fire are not affected by these changes.
Acid Fog, Wall of Flames, Incendiary Cloud and Cloudkill spells will ignore NPC and PC corpses, but still damage furniture/placables normally.
Relevant part bolded, so this is not actually a bug.