Sibayad Tomb King Doors

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators, Contributors

ASuicideMissionForSure

Sibayad Tomb King Doors

Post by ASuicideMissionForSure » Sat Jan 05, 2019 6:03 pm

It's been possibly over a year since I reported this bug and it's still a thing...

The lever door in the First King Tomb stays locked if someone uses the lever past it, making it impossible for anyone else to complete the dungeon or writ after without DM assistance or a reset.

One of the locked doors leading to the Last King Tomb also glitches all the time. If someone bashes it it will later respawn and be impossible to bash it again.

Liareth
General Admin
General Admin

Re: Sibayad Tomb King Doors

Post by Liareth » Sat Jan 05, 2019 11:50 pm

The door can be picked. (not saying this isn't a bug, it definitely is, just providing a workaround in the mean time!)

MalKalz
General Admin
General Admin

Post by MalKalz » Sun Jan 06, 2019 12:10 am

I’ll resolve this on my days off.

Discord: @malkalz
Determine your Public CD Key here
Can't see your vault? Have you migrated your accounts? If you have tried, and still can't see them, message me.

ASuicideMissionForSure

Post by ASuicideMissionForSure » Mon Jan 07, 2019 4:54 am

Makesafe in the second tomb also puts you in a room with both unbashable locked doors. And triggers an Ancient Armor which is a death machine. Not really "safe".

Fionn

Post by Fionn » Mon Feb 04, 2019 8:15 pm

"One of the locked doors leading to the Last King Tomb also glitches all the time. If someone bashes it it will later respawn and be impossible to bash it again."

The entry to the Last King's tomb by the trapped/levered room with two bookshelves is consistently broken (unbashable) preventing the Last King writ if you don't have a good lock picker in the party. It would be really nice if there were a key you could acquire as well, as this door is a pain to bash even if you're the first after the reset.
~~~~~~
Badger
Wynn
RIP: Paddy

Drowble Oh Seven

Post by Drowble Oh Seven » Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:55 pm

Just for when this is fixed; the door in the boss room of the grimlock lair has the same problem where it can't be bashed again when it respawns.

Can be worked around with open lock, but it's not ideal.

Cortex

Post by Cortex » Sun Apr 21, 2019 3:47 pm

This is still a problem. Honestly, just delete these doors if it's taking this long to fix them...
:)

MalKalz
General Admin
General Admin

Post by MalKalz » Sun Apr 21, 2019 4:25 pm

Cortex wrote:
Sun Apr 21, 2019 3:47 pm
This is still a problem. Honestly, just delete these doors if it's taking this long to fix them...
I'll actually get to looking into this in the next few days - I have had to prioritize other things.

Can't see your vault? Have you migrated your accounts? If you have tried, and still can't see them, message me.

Twily
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Post by Twily » Sun Apr 21, 2019 4:59 pm

If someone bashes it it will later respawn and be impossible to bash it again.
For doors this is the case on, bash both the outside and inside one and the door will just stay gone until the next reset.
It counts on whoever bashed their way through to bash the inside one as well, for the sake of whoever goes there after them(or for if they return), so it unfortunately doesn't usually happen.

I've run into several doors before where this is or was the case, such as the Hobgoblin Fort. If you bash your way in and then bash the door on the inside as well, it'll stay gone.

It's not a proper fix, but whoever comes after you will appreciate it.

The Greater Good

Post by The Greater Good » Fri Jun 21, 2019 9:15 pm

Spyre wrote:
Sun Apr 21, 2019 4:25 pm
Cortex wrote:
Sun Apr 21, 2019 3:47 pm
I'll actually get to looking into this in the next few days - I have had to prioritize other things.
Still happening. Please delete?
Monte Cook wrote:The idea here is that the game just gives the rules, and players figure out the ins and outs for themselves -- players are rewarded for achieving mastery of the rules and making good choices rather than poor ones.

MalKalz
General Admin
General Admin

Post by MalKalz » Sat Jun 22, 2019 12:49 am

The door should have been patched by Irongron. I’ll take a look tomorrow to see if it wasn’t.

The Greater Good

Post by The Greater Good » Sun Jun 23, 2019 4:46 am

Fionn wrote:
Mon Feb 04, 2019 8:15 pm
"One of the locked doors leading to the Last King Tomb also glitches all the time. If someone bashes it it will later respawn and be impossible to bash it again."

The entry to the Last King's tomb by the trapped/levered room with two bookshelves is consistently broken (unbashable) preventing the Last King writ if you don't have a good lock picker in the party. It would be really nice if there were a key you could acquire as well, as this door is a pain to bash even if you're the first after the reset.
100% tested just now still a problem.
Monte Cook wrote:The idea here is that the game just gives the rules, and players figure out the ins and outs for themselves -- players are rewarded for achieving mastery of the rules and making good choices rather than poor ones.

Amnesy
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Amnesy » Sun Jun 23, 2019 7:32 am

Isn't it better to remove the door altogether?
NPC won't pass through the following passage leading onto the bridge anyway.

MalKalz
General Admin
General Admin

Post by MalKalz » Sun Jun 23, 2019 7:37 am

Providing a screenshot of the door location will help anyone who has access to fixing it the ability to fix it.

The Greater Good

Post by The Greater Good » Sun Jun 23, 2019 11:04 am

Area: Sibayad (Canyon of the Lost Kings) Tombs
On the middle left, there.
This guy.

Irongron
Server Owner/Creative Lead

Post by Irongron » Sun Jun 23, 2019 8:22 pm

There were two issues here.

One, which I fixed, was the door near the Sand Golems in one of the King's Tombs.

The screenshot above was not one I was aware of. Will take a look when I get the chance as still not clear why this door is having issues, but I'll probably just unlock it for now.

Twily
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Post by Twily » Mon Jun 24, 2019 5:18 pm

It's a similar issue as the one the Goblinoid fortress door had in the past.

It spawns locked, and once bashed it later respawns itself locked again, but unbashable. (selecting bash instantly fails, the character twitches but never even swings at the door a single time)

Irongron

Post by Irongron » Mon Jun 24, 2019 9:30 pm

Unlocked this door, so hopefully this issue finally put to rest after the next reset.