Stealth Piety.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs, Contributors

Orian_666

Stealth Piety.

Post by Orian_666 » Tue Dec 11, 2018 11:52 pm

Entering stealth seems to be working as intended, +0.1% Piety. Leaving stealth however is granting +3.0%.

Xerah

Re: Stealth Piety.

Post by Xerah » Tue Dec 11, 2018 11:54 pm

You gain 0.1% when you enter stealth?

And you always gain 3% when you leave?
Katernin Bersk, Chancellor of Divination; Kerri Amblecrown, Paladin of Milil; Xull'kacha Auvry'rae, Redcap Fey-pacted; Sadia yr Thuravya el Bhirax, Priestess of Umberlee; Lissa Whitehorn, Archmage of Artifice

Orian_666

Post by Orian_666 » Tue Dec 11, 2018 11:56 pm

"T&D gain 0.1% piety for entering stealth mode (only once per round)"

Pretty sure that's working as intended, i'm currently sitting on 100% so it's hard to tell right now, but as far as I could see that was working as intended.

And yea, i've been earning 3.0% for leaving stealth.

Orian_666

Post by Orian_666 » Tue Dec 11, 2018 11:57 pm

Just -prayed, testing it out a bit more now, will respond again in a couple minutes

Orian_666

Post by Orian_666 » Tue Dec 11, 2018 11:59 pm

Okay, the entering piety seems to be a bit sporadic now, and it appears the amount gained from leaving stealth is based on duration in stealth or the amount of people that don't spot me?
Just got 1.3% there for leaving after being in it for about a minute or two, but only passing like 4 people
3% must be some sort of cap or something then?

Xerah

Post by Xerah » Wed Dec 12, 2018 12:07 am

Entering stealth shouldn't give anything.

Exiting stealth gives piety based on how long you've been in up to a maximum of 3%.

So this sounds working as intended.
Katernin Bersk, Chancellor of Divination; Kerri Amblecrown, Paladin of Milil; Xull'kacha Auvry'rae, Redcap Fey-pacted; Sadia yr Thuravya el Bhirax, Priestess of Umberlee; Lissa Whitehorn, Archmage of Artifice

Orian_666

Post by Orian_666 » Wed Dec 12, 2018 12:09 am

Okay yea, seems that way.
Must have just noticed it wrong or something initially, after some more testing this seems correct :)

My bad!

Xerah

Post by Xerah » Wed Dec 12, 2018 12:14 am

Note that after the next restest, there will be a minimum of 30second within stealth to gain piety, plus you need to have 5 ranks in stealth skills.

Orian_666

Post by Orian_666 » Wed Dec 12, 2018 12:23 am

Ah yea, saw that update. Makes sense too.
It's a nice addition though, T&D was almost impossible to get for sneaky folk that didn't invest in Bluff, those poor guys =p

Sea Shanties

Post by Sea Shanties » Wed Dec 12, 2018 1:22 am

Orian_666 wrote:
Wed Dec 12, 2018 12:23 am
Ah yea, saw that update. Makes sense too.
It's a nice addition though, T&D was almost impossible to get for sneaky folk that didn't invest in Bluff, those poor guys =p
I am happy for the change as well. BUT.. Could some consideration be given to Trickery clerics? They're still at a disadvantage since they probably won't be able to bluff or use stealth, especially if they aren't human with skill points to spare. Perhaps casting and being invisible could also give a small boost?

Xerah

Post by Xerah » Wed Dec 12, 2018 1:29 am

Well, they will have a second aspect; not just T&D. AND they gain piety naturally. It's a choice to ignore one aspect.

Sea Shanties

Post by Sea Shanties » Wed Dec 12, 2018 2:16 am

I'm aware of that, but still, even with recent changes things seem as lopsided as before. It's nice to have more ways to get piety but the worst aspects are still the worst and the best was just made better than it already was.

For example if one was to play a Gond cleric the mix of T&D and K&I still mean you'll be praying at altars for most of your piety. Neither way to gain through T&D are natural cleric skills, even with bard dips, and adding letter writing to K&I is a pretty negligible gain. Of course you could write a lot of gibberish letters and trash them and you could fake-sneak everywhere with 5 points invested but not actually be sneaking, but these seems like cheap workarounds.

W&D on the other hand keeps getting more ways to increase an already generous system and IMO H&H and Magic are both at a sweet spot where you can't constantly burn through level 9 spells and have them instantly refilled but your piety can refresh pretty naturally. I just wish the other two would get some more ways to be boosted through natural play, and in particular wish a T&D cleric was able to boost piety through an ability they actually have access to. Invisibility seems a natural since that's a hallmark of a Trickery Domain cleric and how they would "stealth" themselves using divine means.

MissEvelyn
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Post by MissEvelyn » Wed Dec 12, 2018 11:33 pm

Xerah wrote:
Wed Dec 12, 2018 1:29 am
Well, they will have a second aspect; not just T&D. AND they gain piety naturally. It's a choice to ignore one aspect.
Clerics are fine now. This is such a good change for them that even if they never performed the actions of their deity's aspects (like Talonite Clerics who are pure-classed, for example), they'd still do just fine with prayers and simply existing.

Sea Shanties

Post by Sea Shanties » Thu Dec 13, 2018 4:31 am

There's absolutely no reason to be this condescending. It's just a suggestion that piety gain is evened out, since it's obviously something currently being worked on.