Wild Mage Spells Disappearing

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs, Contributors

RedGiant

Wild Mage Spells Disappearing

Post by RedGiant » Mon Nov 19, 2018 3:54 am

It seems that when you use surge and your spells replenish, if you crash, log, or otherwise disconnect from the server, when you come back, it erroneously zeroes you out/reduces you in the uses of that spell. Just tested this extensively, and it seems to be a new bug. I've been tinkering on a wild mage for some time, and I don't ever remember this ever happening previously.
The GrumpyCat wrote:I CLICK THE HOSTIBLE BUTTON NOW U ARE DED!
Irongron wrote:The slaughter, i am afraid, will not abate.

Hazard

Re: Wild Mage Spells Disappearing

Post by Hazard » Mon Nov 19, 2018 5:05 am

This happens to me too :c

ActionReplay
Project Lead
Project Lead

Post by ActionReplay » Mon Nov 19, 2018 8:53 am

Nothing has changed for replenish since we went for EE as NWNX changed. Might be a bug in NWNX, if so this should happen to other features that replenish their spells as well.

Kalopsia
General Admin
General Admin

Post by Kalopsia » Mon Nov 19, 2018 12:49 pm

This behavior is likely related to the script that records the spells a mage has cast since their last rest, in order to “trigger” these spells after server transitions/relogging etc.
Currently the script mistakenly fires for spells that have been replenished via Wild Surges.

If a Wild Surge replenishes a spell, said spell should likely be removed from this record of recently cast spells, so that server transitions don’t result in a sudden loss of all Mass Haste spells because a wild mage used the -surge command two or three times in order to to replenish some of them.

On a side note, I’m reasonably sure that the infinite spells granted by GSF feats are also counted by the above script.
This means that if a Diviner casts their infinite See Invisibility three or more times and transitions to another server, they do at times temporarily lose access to the spell.

(Mages encountering this bug will notice that casting another infinite spell from a different school refreshes all of them - so it’s a rather minor issue)