Sea Reaver Ship - Docking Problems

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators, Contributors

hrothgar_bloodaxe

Sea Reaver Ship - Docking Problems

Post by hrothgar_bloodaxe » Wed Nov 14, 2018 7:35 am

Hello everyone,

To make a long story short, I've noticed the Sea Reaver ship (found near Crow's Nest at the Halfbreed Camp) has issues when attempting to dock. This list is not exhaustive, but what I've noticed so far:

Problem type #1: Skiff placement
When the Sea Reaver docks in certain locations, the skiff is placed in such a way on the beach / shore that you cannot access the skiff to return to the ship, and in some cases, the skiff actually traps you "against the sea" so you cannot even move from the beach. Specifically, in Brogdenstein, the small strip of land the skiff is placed upon is too narrow to allow the character to move around the skiff. The same issue also happens in Guldorand, although this is because the skiff seems to be placed near the corner of a dock.

Problem type #2: Failure to transport character from ship to shore
In some locations, the Sea Reaver will not even allow you to disembark at a location. Specifically, I have found that at both Cordor and Sencliff, I will go to the Boatswain NPC to launch the skiff to shore. The appropriate dialogue window pops up, and I select to deploy the skiff. At this point, the dialogue window closes as if it's about to transport me....but then nothing happens. I can re-open the dialogue again, but no matter how many ways you try this, it will simply not transport you off the ship. It looks as if the trigger to send you to the next zone is failing somehow when you select the proper dialogue option.

These issues definitely reduce the functionality of the ship, so anything you can do to fix these problems is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

-Hrothgar

MalKalz
General Admin
General Admin

Re: Sea Reaver Ship - Docking Problems

Post by MalKalz » Wed Nov 14, 2018 2:46 pm

Sounds like waypoint issues and placeable rotation. Will look into correcting those.

Discord: @malkalz
Determine your Public CD Key here
Can't see your vault? Have you migrated your accounts? If you have tried, and still can't see them, message me.

-Heavyline-

Post by -Heavyline- » Wed Nov 14, 2018 3:11 pm

Was going to make a different topic, but I will add it here.

The Boatswain in Liberator also has issues letting you transport from ship to shore when you're in Wharftown. You arrive at Wharftown, but when you talk to Boatswain and ask to lower the skiff. Nothing happens.

MalKalz
General Admin
General Admin

Post by MalKalz » Sun Nov 18, 2018 3:06 am

Potentially fixed the issue with the Brog docking for the Halfbreed Vessel.

Please try as of next reset.

Will then work on the rest if it is successful.

Discord: @malkalz
Determine your Public CD Key here
Can't see your vault? Have you migrated your accounts? If you have tried, and still can't see them, message me.

hrothgar_bloodaxe

Post by hrothgar_bloodaxe » Sun Dec 02, 2018 6:49 am

Hello!

I gave the fix at Brog a try, and everything worked great! Thank you so much for the improvement. Go ahead and take a look at the the remaining issues, and let me know when you've had a chance to fix them. I'll test them as soon as I can.

-Hrothgar