Ships & Grapples

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators, Contributors

Cerk Evermoore

Ships & Grapples

Post by Cerk Evermoore » Fri Oct 12, 2018 5:40 pm

On several instances I have encountered ships which are heading towards a destination, get grappled and then after released they never arrive at their destination, possibly still stopped by the grapple mechanics? The boat will float in the sea until another party rescues it or the server resets. Or worse, what I encountered. A newer player who doesn't know what's happening and sat on the boat to Skal for two hours thinking that's how long they're supposed to wait. Luckily the player contacted me OOCly after I boarded his ship and I was able to help him debug his ship by redirecting it to Guldorand for a moment before resending it to Skal.

I don't know the exact situation which causes this bug. Most of my information on this issue comes from boarding ships and from reports the Sea Snitch gives which allows me to keep track if the boats ever return to their home port. From the information I have gathered I can safely determine there is definitely a bug somewhere here.

ActionReplay
Project Lead
Project Lead

Re: Ships & Grapples

Post by ActionReplay » Sat Oct 13, 2018 12:00 pm

Cerk Evermoore wrote:
Fri Oct 12, 2018 5:40 pm
On several instances I have encountered ships which are heading towards a destination, get grappled and then after released they never arrive at their destination, possibly still stopped by the grapple mechanics? The boat will float in the sea until another party rescues it or the server resets. Or worse, what I encountered. A newer player who doesn't know what's happening and sat on the boat to Skal for two hours thinking that's how long they're supposed to wait. Luckily the player contacted me OOCly after I boarded his ship and I was able to help him debug his ship by redirecting it to Guldorand for a moment before resending it to Skal.

I don't know the exact situation which causes this bug. Most of my information on this issue comes from boarding ships and from reports the Sea Snitch gives which allows me to keep track if the boats ever return to their home port. From the information I have gathered I can safely determine there is definitely a bug somewhere here.
Hey,

When you grapple a ship the target ship will stop moving towards its destination. Even after releasing the vessel by destroying the chain it will just be "Out at Sea". Its basically reset when an encounter like this happens. You'd have to talk to the Navigator and plot your course again for it to carry on.