Portal Lens

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs, Contributors

Emotionaloverload
Arelith Platinum Supporter

Portal Lens

Post by Emotionaloverload » Sat Oct 06, 2018 8:59 pm

Hi.

I am not sure if this is already known but earlier when attempting to use a portal lens from Sibayad to get to surface, the menu popped up but the lens promptly disappeared without teleporting the character.

Thank you.
-S
Formerly; Echo Hemlocke-Ralkai, Joshua Colt, Namil Evanara, Elanor Shortwick, Sawyer Brook, Kaylessa Dree, Sines Oliver Selakiir, Birgitta Birdie Swordhill, Bella Weartherbee, Arael Laceflower, Corbin, Rupert Silveroak, Hadi the Slave and others.

Bryce Silver-Wind

Re: Portal Lens

Post by Bryce Silver-Wind » Sat Oct 06, 2018 9:09 pm

I have had this several times, reported it too, not sure what the heck is going on with lens, had 3 in a row fail, try relogging to that server specifically.

PinataPlethora

Post by PinataPlethora » Sat Oct 06, 2018 10:35 pm

The issue is not with the lens, it's with server portalling. You can encounter that issue even when you're going through a transition to another server. Sometimes it says portalling failed, and sometimes it just does nothing at all, although these occurrences have been far less common since a few updates ago, in my experience.

Bryce's solution is correct. The server knows where to put you, so it should take you to the correct location if you log out and direct connect to the server you wanted to reach by selecting the appropriate port.

Emotionaloverload

Post by Emotionaloverload » Sun Oct 07, 2018 12:35 pm

Thank you! I will try that out in the future.

-S
Formerly; Echo Hemlocke-Ralkai, Joshua Colt, Namil Evanara, Elanor Shortwick, Sawyer Brook, Kaylessa Dree, Sines Oliver Selakiir, Birgitta Birdie Swordhill, Bella Weartherbee, Arael Laceflower, Corbin, Rupert Silveroak, Hadi the Slave and others.