Black Blade of Disaster

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators, Contributors

Dalek Caan
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Black Blade of Disaster

Post by Dalek Caan » Thu Sep 13, 2018 12:16 am

The on-hit ability of black blade of disaster seems to be bugged. On the cities and planes servers the blade has the property about half the time, on the surface it doesn't seem to work at all. I tested it for the last few days, I never saw it work once on the surface.

ltlukoziuz

Re: Black Blade of Disaster

Post by ltlukoziuz » Thu Sep 13, 2018 8:21 am

You sure it's not just failing all the time? It's DC 17 Fort Save (which anyone and their grandma can save on 2+), Spell Resistance works against this, and immunity from Death Magic also work, and for placeables, if they are plot marked, they're also non-breakable. Expecting Planar Rift to be a common occurrence is like winning a lotto.

Currently playing: Sabina Paultier

Dalek Caan
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Re: Black Blade of Disaster

Post by Dalek Caan » Thu Sep 13, 2018 2:25 pm

Yes, I'm sure of it. If it worked it would show a roll, but it doesn't. And for me it's DC20...

When I went through Baator I had it against groups of devils and demons. Worked fine, a roll ocurred. With the next summoned blade, nothing.

EDIT: It appears like the on-hit property doesn't get applied to the blade in 90% of the cases. I tested it on a variety of NPCs (human, animal, outsider, etc.) and the picture is pretty much the same: One in ten blades has the on-hit effect (although it often also vanishes on area transition), the others don't.