Lanceboard, Bugged piece

Bugs with Arelith (in-game and out) should be reported here.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs, Contributors

Twily
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Lanceboard, Bugged piece

Post by Twily » Sun Sep 09, 2018 6:49 pm

I got a pawn to the end of the grid and turned it into a queen, however the AI for it seems to have failed to update and the piece couldn't be moved. (it did update the name and appearance to queen)

Note: I still had my original queen as well, and it could be moved.

Also, the troublesome queen didn't disappear when the board was cleared.

MalKalz
General Admin
General Admin

Re: Lanceboard, Bugged piece

Post by MalKalz » Sun Sep 09, 2018 9:12 pm

Was this a one-off thing? Have you been able to replicate it?

Discord: @malkalz
Determine your Public CD Key here
Can't see your vault? Have you migrated your accounts? If you have tried, and still can't see them, message me.

Twily
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Post by Twily » Tue Sep 11, 2018 6:59 am

Unfortunately I haven't played enough times to say just yet, but I'll post here if it happens to me again.

MalKalz
General Admin
General Admin

Post by MalKalz » Fri Sep 14, 2018 2:13 am

I rolled up a test and followed a similar result. Ended up with a second queen. And, had no issue with the piece afterwards.

Did you call it by name, as in: Queen B8 to B7 to differentiate between the two on the board?

Discord: @malkalz
Determine your Public CD Key here
Can't see your vault? Have you migrated your accounts? If you have tried, and still can't see them, message me.

Twily
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Post by Twily » Fri Sep 14, 2018 7:20 am

I did yeah, I tried the syntax several ways, and even tried selectively moving the other queen with the exact same phrasing to confirm I was doing it right and that worked.

A one off bug perhaps, the fact the queen remained after the board was cleared does suggest it was bugged in some way.

pandincus
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Post by pandincus » Sat Sep 05, 2020 6:45 am

Heads up, this happened to me in a game recently, so I believe this bug is still ongoing, but perhaps doesn't always reproduce?

My character was playing White, his opponent Black, and when she got her Black Pawn to E1, the resulting Queen was not controllable. A variety of commands were attempted. "Queen at E1 to D1, Queen to D1, Queen E1 D1, Queen at E1, move to D1" etc. Of note, no other Queen (on either side) was in play at the time.

Amusingly, after they ended the game (end game lever), the problematic Queen remained. And even with the new game lever, the Queen remained hanging out with the White King.

Current: N/A! (for now)
Shelved: Wallace (Wally) Lyonall
Discord: pandincus#5007

Shadowy Reality
Arelith Gold Supporter
Arelith Gold Supporter

Post by Shadowy Reality » Sat Sep 05, 2020 11:13 am

Some bugs I have found:

Check recognition seems off. I once had an enemy queen aligned with my King, I had a Bishop in front. I could not castle because the game said I was in Check or would be in Check, this was not the case, the castle was entirely valid.

I also had an opponent make an illegal King move. I checked him with a pawn that was protected by my Queen. He managed to capture the pawn, totally ignoring my Queen. I was then able to capture his King and the board did not recognise the game was over, my opponent could keep playing without a King.

Batrachophrenoboocosmomachia
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Batrachophrenoboocosmomachia » Sat Sep 05, 2020 9:54 pm

Thank you for bumping the original report rather than posting a new thread! Seriously seriously seriously thank you. For the bug itself, a lanceboard bug that only occurs when queening a piece isn't as critical as some other things I'd like to look at, but I will find the time to eyeball the code later and see if it's a quick fix.

Done.