Assassin's Dagger Bug?

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators, Contributors

dominantdrowess
Arelith Gold Supporter
Arelith Gold Supporter

Assassin's Dagger Bug?

Post by dominantdrowess » Sun Sep 09, 2018 5:15 pm

So, after getting in some rather high-profile arguments in public places where people have called my character a liar "you can't raise someone who's been assassinated", and my own suggestion forum... I began thinking I've encountered a bug. I woke up this morning and remembered reading a bug related to 'Desecrated Altars' ... where moving them would undesecrate them.

I personally don't carry resurrection scrolls of any kind because Kensai and they get mixed up with my vender scrolls too easily regarding my scroll case.. bug I have in the past resurrected assassinated targets, but have no experience being an actual assassin.

But I think we found a bug: Does picking up an assassinated body, moving it to a Temple, and dropping it (recreating the 'fixture' object') remove the assassination tag and allow resurrection? I suspect these two issues are related.

My origional thread under Suggestions: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=20701
Altar consecration: viewtopic.php?f=12&t=19308&p=158145&hilit=altar#p158145

Basically: I think if the body is touched or moved at all: It loses the "assassinated" tag, which is why there's a discrepancy between my experience (I never carry scrolls) and other people's experience (raising targets where they lay).

Either that or someone's telling me fibs IC. Again, I'm not an assassin -- so if the functionality is that you CAN raise after an assassination... I'm just trying to figure out if something's OOCly wrong with the system.

Lunargent

Re: Assassin's Dagger Bug?

Post by Lunargent » Mon Sep 10, 2018 2:53 am

I have also raised an assassinated target before, with a resurrection scroll, though only after moving the body as well.