My pelvis, legs, and feet are gone.

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators, Contributors

BegoneThoth

My pelvis, legs, and feet are gone.

Post by BegoneThoth » Sun Jul 22, 2018 11:14 pm

Was trying to change my character's shoes. Now I have nothing below the navel.

I can change outfits and log in or out, nothing. They dont come back.

Please advise. I'd like to play the character but being a floating torso is a deal breaker.
\

BegoneThoth

Re: My pelvis, legs, and feet are gone.

Post by BegoneThoth » Sun Jul 22, 2018 11:23 pm

*No overrides or hak's are being used aside from the one that fixes the carry weight display
\

Rwby

Post by Rwby » Sun Jul 22, 2018 11:34 pm

Do you get the +1 AC for being small?

BegoneThoth

Post by BegoneThoth » Sun Jul 22, 2018 11:58 pm

Ok

Foot part 12, the 'blank' foot used for the pirate leg, totally breaks your character.

So avoid foot part 12, and generally avoid any 'empty' part numbers.

Edit; May actually be part 13, im not testing it again.
\

PinataPlethora

Post by PinataPlethora » Mon Jul 23, 2018 12:35 am

Cast Combust on yourself and pretend to be a fire djinn.

Wytchee
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Post by Wytchee » Mon Jul 23, 2018 12:50 am

This is my fetish.
Current character: Abigail Duskwood

Party in the forest at midnight

Post by Party in the forest at midnight » Mon Jul 23, 2018 12:57 am

That's why you don't skip leg day, you don't want your legs atrophying.

Peppermint

Post by Peppermint » Mon Jul 23, 2018 4:28 am

Heh. I've seen this in toolset view (and even mentioned it in another thread).

Had no idea it also happened in game. Yikes.

Mithreas
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Mithreas » Mon Jul 23, 2018 4:33 am

Yeah, on the toolset I "fix" it by closing the window I'm editing the clothing or NPC in, and opening it up again. That seems to work fine.

Do *other players* see you as a floating torso? If so, try a reboot... I've found some EE issues require a full reboot of my PC to fix.
xkcd.com is best viewed with Netscape Navigator 4.0 or below on a Pentium 3±1 emulated in Javascript on an Apple IIGS at a screen resolution of 1024x1.For security reasons, please leave caps lock on while browsing.

BegoneThoth

Post by BegoneThoth » Mon Jul 23, 2018 6:12 am

They do see me missing parts. Was in the DM seekret room with Symphony and they were able to follow my repo steps and get it to happen on a number of possessed NPC's, every single time they tried.
\

Rwby

Post by Rwby » Mon Jul 23, 2018 9:04 am

Well that's a grim idea. Sympony alone in a room with helpless NPCs ripping random bodyparts off in some horrid science experiment.

BegoneThoth

Post by BegoneThoth » Mon Jul 23, 2018 5:27 pm

Yeah it was disturbing to say the least. Worst part was when, despite the macabre body horror surrounding me, I was asked repeatedly to change my shoes.
\

Rwby

Post by Rwby » Mon Jul 23, 2018 5:48 pm

I think we've found the real Cyricist in Cordor...

DM Symphony
Contributor
Contributor

Post by DM Symphony » Tue Jul 24, 2018 4:59 pm

Anyways,

I probably should have posted here earlier. I spent about 5 hours yesterday trying to make a work around to publish as a Workshop Hotfix, but I had to find a workaround for the workaround, and then a workaround for that workaround. All in all I got a lot of people's hopes up with a GIF of a shoe disappearing and returning, but I won't be able to fix it. I'm sorry.

Right now, when a body part displays a "null" (that means no) model, the part probably becomes detached and the game doesn't have anywhere to draw parts onto that slot anymore, or something. I made the shoe (The peg leg shoe, right feet 10 and 11, left 12 and 13) better by deleting it's empty model and replacing it with an invisible model.

However, the other "null" models for belts and shoulders are their part number 000, and the game won't render a model I make with the part number 000 because it already knows you're supposed to show nothing for 000. It's hardcoded.

I WAS going to ask the Arelith developers to install a few script changes to prevent players from using the 000's and make a new model at the end (say 026) that's invisible, but has a model, but that won't protect us from the cloaks and robes, which are designed to hide parts based on their 2da's depending on the type of cloak and robe. Hiding those parts also unrenders them, at which point they can never be rendered again until the model is destroyed and put together again from scratch (relog, polymorph).

So, all I can say is, for now, if you want to change shoulder and belt parts, and you don't want them to be missing for the rest of the current session, do not go all the way down (or up) to 0. If you do, make sure to keep going (to 5 or something), save, and relog, and continue editing.

I can't really help you with robes and cloaks, other than, if you like robes and cloaks that make your shoulders and belt disappear anyways, wear armor that is missing those pieces anyways.

I've left an extensive bug report on Beamdog's bug tracker, and presumably the model part appending system will be inspected, and whatever change they made (probably to make the FPS better with less work for building part based models) can be set to something that doesn't erase parts.

BegoneThoth

Post by BegoneThoth » Tue Jul 24, 2018 9:32 pm

We are all enhanced on this blessed day
\

Baratan

Post by Baratan » Sun Aug 19, 2018 4:33 pm

DM Symphony wrote:
Tue Jul 24, 2018 4:59 pm
Anyways,

I probably should have posted here earlier. I spent about 5 hours yesterday trying to make a work around to publish as a Workshop Hotfix, but I had to find a workaround for the workaround, and then a workaround for that workaround. All in all I got a lot of people's hopes up with a GIF of a shoe disappearing and returning, but I won't be able to fix it. I'm sorry.

Right now, when a body part displays a "null" (that means no) model, the part probably becomes detached and the game doesn't have anywhere to draw parts onto that slot anymore, or something. I made the shoe (The peg leg shoe, right feet 10 and 11, left 12 and 13) better by deleting it's empty model and replacing it with an invisible model.

However, the other "null" models for belts and shoulders are their part number 000, and the game won't render a model I make with the part number 000 because it already knows you're supposed to show nothing for 000. It's hardcoded.

I WAS going to ask the Arelith developers to install a few script changes to prevent players from using the 000's and make a new model at the end (say 026) that's invisible, but has a model, but that won't protect us from the cloaks and robes, which are designed to hide parts based on their 2da's depending on the type of cloak and robe. Hiding those parts also unrenders them, at which point they can never be rendered again until the model is destroyed and put together again from scratch (relog, polymorph).

So, all I can say is, for now, if you want to change shoulder and belt parts, and you don't want them to be missing for the rest of the current session, do not go all the way down (or up) to 0. If you do, make sure to keep going (to 5 or something), save, and relog, and continue editing.

I can't really help you with robes and cloaks, other than, if you like robes and cloaks that make your shoulders and belt disappear anyways, wear armor that is missing those pieces anyways.

I've left an extensive bug report on Beamdog's bug tracker, and presumably the model part appending system will be inspected, and whatever change they made (probably to make the FPS better with less work for building part based models) can be set to something that doesn't erase parts.
Thanks for this. I encountered this right away before even getting into the Arelith world and also experienced it in the toolset. This is a new bug.