Background things are re-applied:

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators, Contributors

dominantdrowess
Arelith Gold Supporter
Arelith Gold Supporter

Background things are re-applied:

Post by dominantdrowess » Fri Jul 20, 2018 8:15 pm

Can we make it so slave-clamps, and background stuff is NOT reapplied if you're level 3 or above?

There is repeated instances of game-breaking things being reapplied in the newbie zone, for characters that are no longer newbies.

And this bug, where your IC position is lost, and you're sent back to this zone happens regularly while using portals, logging in, and all kinds of things. It seems a rather glaring oversight.

Wytchee
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Re: Background things are re-applied:

Post by Wytchee » Fri Jul 20, 2018 9:56 pm

Hey, would you mind explaining this "bug" in more detail? I am considering turning a character of mine into a slave, and I'm worried about any mechanical limits that might impose. Thanks!
Current character: Abigail Duskwood

Morderon
Technical Lead
Technical Lead

Post by Morderon » Fri Jul 20, 2018 10:09 pm

Okay.. backgrounds will no longer give their soft bonuses that are associated with them ie: slaves will no longer get their bonus fort save.

I didn't consider it a bug though ;)

PS. If this touches on the other topic: viewforum.php?f=12

A fix on both counts 1) The giving out additional clamps when using the entry door, though this one is a mystery given it was already scripted not you already had one and 2) Slaves respawning in the entry area are in the pipeline.

Remember bugs can only be fixed if they're reported and this is the first time i ever heard of the two above!

Are there portals that always seem to make you lose location and go back to start?

Are their cross server portals that always take you to the right place?

dominantdrowess
Arelith Gold Supporter
Arelith Gold Supporter

Post by dominantdrowess » Sun Jul 22, 2018 6:28 am

As far as portals go:

It usually happens when using cross-server transitions. It has happened to me with the Andunor hub portal multiple times before.

Also: If it happens? And you get sent to Andunor boat arrival? It'll CONTINUE happening every time you use the portals until you cross server transition to Treadstone Locks via it's normal walk-path transition.

It actively doesn't matter which portal you use once it starts happening, it will continue denying you the ability to go:

"Any portal" > Cross-server to Treadstone Locks...

And will continue sending you to the Surface starter zone ... then when you touch the door: The Andunor boat, and re-apply all basic starting stuff/stats, etc.

The only thing that fixes cross-server portaling -after- this occurs is a server reset, or using a "walking" transition to get to Treadstone Locks. Even using player-created portals to try to reach Treadstone Locks will cause this bug to repeat if you do not.