Fire bombs not working correctly

Bugs with Arelith (in-game and out) should be reported here.

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators, Contributors

Giftstoff

Fire Bomb bug

Post by Giftstoff » Thu Jul 19, 2018 1:38 pm

Fire bombs, make an explosion and lingering incendiary cloud effect for a few rounds. Problem is that incendiary cloud is for visuals only, it doesnt actually do any damage or blind, it just sits there looking pretty before fading.

Please fix the fire cloud

PinataPlethora

Re: Fire Bomb bug

Post by PinataPlethora » Thu Jul 19, 2018 4:22 pm

I don't think it's actually meant to do that. It's 10d6 vs the target and some piddly splash damage to everyone nearby.

You could suggest a change, though.

Giftstoff

Post by Giftstoff » Mon Jul 23, 2018 7:56 am

It's not. The firestorm effect works against fixtures and non targettable things like mist. It's damage increases with rogue level too, so I think it's just set to hurt the wrong faction

yellowcateyes
Project Lead
Project Lead

Post by yellowcateyes » Tue Jul 24, 2018 6:29 pm

Firebomb's functionality is vanilla save for the damage scaling upwards with rogue levels. It is not a lingering incendiary effect, but rather the combination of direct damage to the target of the grenade, and splash damage to all objects in a radius of the target.
Dinosaur Space Program is my working partner on Arelith-related projects. If my inbox is full or I take a while to get back to you, feel free to PM them questions or concerns.

Baron Saturday

Post by Baron Saturday » Fri Dec 28, 2018 9:24 pm

Wanted to bump this thread, because I can confirm that the incendiary visual does damage/round to placeables in the AoE: https://i.imgur.com/fjq7mJh.jpg

You'll notice that, aside from the initial splash damage, my character takes no damage despite being in the AoE. As it should be! The salt, however, takes damage/round consistent with the Arelith version of Incendiary Cloud (4d6 +1d6/2 levels). I'm wondering if this is somehow related to the Persistent Area Spells change.

That said, this does make mining as a Dex-based character just... LOADS easier, so I wouldn't mind it not being fixed!
Rolled: Helene d'Arque, Sara Lyonall
Shelved: Kels Vetian, Cin ys'Andalis, Saul Haidt
Playing: Oshe Jordain

Party in the forest at midnight

Fire bombs not working correctly

Post by Party in the forest at midnight » Mon Sep 02, 2019 11:37 pm

When I use a fire bomb, it causes fire gas to spread out. The gas does nothing. I can stand in it and not take damage. I make a roll as though I should be taking damage, and every round everything in the field of effect makes the sound effect that it's being hit by something. But it deals no damage.

I think this is probably not working correctly, I imagine the intended effect is meant to be like the incendiary cloud spell? Because the acid bomb item works like the acid fog spell.

The initial fire bomb hit is underwhelming too. The primary target takes decent damage, but everything around it only takes 1 damage. If you don't target anything with the grenade specifically (like if you target the ground in the middle of a group of enemies), then everything only takes 1 damage after the explosion. Acid bombs suffer the same problem, but the acid fog effect makes up for it. Here's a screenshot of what I mean:

Monchichi

Re: Fire bombs not working correctly

Post by Monchichi » Tue Sep 03, 2019 12:42 am

I have seen the same thing, the only use I have found for fire bombs is to get rid of barricades and the like.

Monchichi

Re: Fire bombs not working correctly

Post by Monchichi » Tue Sep 03, 2019 12:43 am

I have seen the same thing, the only use I have found for fire bombs is to get rid of barricades and the like.

White_935

[Firebomb granade] firefield (incidary spell) does not work

Post by White_935 » Fri Jul 31, 2020 11:01 pm

Description

The firebomb grenade does not do any damage with its incidary field (4d6) field as its supposed to, it simply doesn't trigger on anybody foes and friends alike.

Steps to reproduce
Throw a grenade at ground or enemy, and have a enemy/neutral walk over the fire-field

Expected result
Firefield/incidary spell like effect does damage to your opponent when they walk through it

Actual result
The incidary field does show up, but it does not trigger/damage anybody whom pass it, friend, foe or neutral alike.

Screenshot(s)
none needed.

Notes
---------

Baron Saturday

Re: [Firebomb granade] firefield (incidary spell) does not work

Post by Baron Saturday » Sun Aug 02, 2020 3:48 pm

This has been reported a few times before, but is (alas) not a bug. The fire field is (for the most part) visual only - not intended to do damage.

The previous reports, for reference:
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=19919
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=25104

Party in the forest at midnight

Post by Party in the forest at midnight » Sun Aug 02, 2020 5:35 pm

That's a shame. It doesn't really do much damage then, the acid flask is infinitely more useful. IMO the spell effect should be removed because it's just confusing, since the other flask produces a field that does damage.

Baron Saturday

Post by Baron Saturday » Sun Aug 02, 2020 6:47 pm

Honestly, it's possible that the acid bomb vfx doing damage IS a bug.

White_935

Post by White_935 » Sun Aug 02, 2020 10:40 pm

Baron Saturday wrote:
Sun Aug 02, 2020 3:48 pm
This has been reported a few times before, but is (alas) not a bug. The fire field is (for the most part) visual only - not intended to do damage.

The previous reports, for reference:
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=19919
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=25104
That's strange because it did damage in the original NwN and the information left on wikipedia states otherwise, of course it's fandom but hey.

https://nwn.fandom.com/wiki/Fire_bomb
https://nwn.fandom.com/wiki/Fire_bomb wrote:After exploding, an incendiary cloud is created at the targeted location that causes 4d6 points of fire damage each round for 5 rounds to all creatures within the cloud's large (5 meter radius) area of effect.
Perhaps this is a bug from beamdog, and one of the original scripts are dead?