Deck of Stars, which foci?

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs, Contributors

Thorengard

Deck of Stars, which foci?

Post by Thorengard » Wed Jul 18, 2018 4:07 am

"Divination
Spell Focus: allows a character examining another character to see whether a character is "attuned" to Life, Death, Fire, Water, Earth, or Air. This information is displayed even if the target is disguised. Through trial and error association, a player may learn much about another character's habits and abilities from their attunement. Also allows a character to use the mysterious and rare Deck of Stars item."

So up in the mechanical changes it says spell focus divination lets you use the deck of stars, but after getting a deck, and the SF Div, it appears I can't properly use the item. Is this an incorrect description on the forums and it's supposed to be GSF Div, or is it some bug?

Rockstar1984

Re: Deck of Stars, which foci?

Post by Rockstar1984 » Wed Jul 18, 2018 4:32 am

Is it saying that "the cards feel lifeless and empty" or something like that? Then it's working, and there are reasons it is saying that. I have to be vague because it is strictly FOIG information. The DoS is something you have to figure out how to use, but if you ask around maybe another character will know something.

Oh the year was 1778...

PinataPlethora

Re: Deck of Stars, which foci?

Post by PinataPlethora » Wed Jul 18, 2018 4:45 am

You only need SF: Divination. I guarantee that, because I use it constantly.

If you're not getting any information from the deck, it may mean that one of the other conditions for its use is not being met. That, you'll have to discover in game. Don't worry, there are plenty of people who can help. You just have to ask around in the right places.